esof
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've firmly accepted an offer to study Data Science and Al at QMUL starting September 2021. I have a humanities background when it comes to my undergraduate studies and was wondering if it is possible for me to be considered seriously by employers if I applied for a data science position with a Master's degree in Data Science but a humanities Bachelor's degree. To all the QMUL students out there, share your thoughts about student experience at the university/job prospects. Thanks!
rakd
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by esof)
I've firmly accepted an offer to study Data Science and Al at QMUL starting September 2021. I have a humanities background when it comes to my undergraduate studies and was wondering if it isHe possible for me to be considered seriously by employers if I applied for a data science position with a Master's degree in Data Science but a humanities Bachelor's degree. To all the QMUL students out there, share your thoughts about student experience at the university/job prospects. Thanks!
Hello, I have an offer from QMU too. I am very keen to accept the offer but have the same query. How would we be compare against the BIG data MSc course that the university runs? The careers team at QMU do not have sufficient information on alumni placements for the course. I have same concerns.
TasteLikeChicken
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn't study this degree, but I am a Robotics PhD student (software based, using some AI) with a background in CompSci and data science. Looking over the modules, it looks like a solid course (if I had to slightly critique it, it would be that they don't have a module going over some basic maths, such as linear algebra and calculus, but I think that will be covered as preliminaries in the required modules). What was your undergraduate in? Regardless, I don't think it will be too much of an issue, you will certainly be able to get onto graduate programs so long as you pass the MSc! There are plenty of AI/analytics/data science grad schemes nowadays, so do not fret.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads