Sb17890
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi , since results day is getting near . What are your opinions on it . Do you think the teachers would be fair and only look at the tests you have done recently ?
Do you think you will get the grades you deserve ?
Ice.Log
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sb17890)
Hi , since results day is getting near . What are your opinions on it . Do you think the teachers would be fair and only look at the tests you have done recently ?
For some of my subjects, I think it'll be fair - for others, it won't be. I only had 2 mocks in total throughout Year 10 and 11 and both of them were extremely packed (4 exams a day for most days since the school were scared of another lockdown) - imagine the stress!:eek: Not to mention cheating and teacher bias...
Last edited by Ice.Log; 1 month ago
gcseismad
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You will being getting the grades you deserve. I hope so . If not then you can speak with your head teacher with any Evidence that you could provide that your capable of getting a higher grade. Best of luck and do not stress .
godofhammers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Will they be using an algorithm this year? Will DFE intervene with anyone's grades?
Last edited by godofhammers; 1 month ago
Pa0703
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I wasn't too worried about unfair grading until just before I left school. Long story short our class looked at the 2019 grade boundaries as a rough idea of what we got and I got a 9 in biology and chemistry. My teachers talked to me and said my initial rough grade was a 6 and they knew I could get a 9. I was initially going to resit the papers and after a lot of tears and discussion it turned out the school didn't have a paper for me to sit. My teachers reassured me and said that they have consistent evidence that I can at least get and 8 or 9. I trust my teachers but I don't trust the heads of departments who have to agree with my grade. I'm now anxious on whether I have been downgraded in every subject as I'm predicted all 9's. I've worked extremelyyyyy hard and my teachers know that and will have my back but in still dreading results day.
Frozetman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by godofhammers)
Will they be using an algorithm this year? Will DFE intervene with anyone's grades?
No algorithim thankfully, but I think schools have been told they have to limit the amount of each grade they give. e.g. they can't give too many 9s in each subject (the last bit may be incorrect tho)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (362)
84.19%
No (68)
15.81%

Watched Threads