Is there any disabled parking at the halls of residences?

Watch
Account4Choices
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello

I'm a prospective disabled student, and I would need parking near halls when I do my weekly shop, otherwise I wouldn't be able to carry anything back to halls.

I was wondering if any of the halls of residence had disabled parking, and if so, which ones?

If there isn't, how far are the student car parks to the halls of residence, as I won't be able to walk far.

Thank you in advance
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can't help with your specific question but many of the students on my local campus get Asda (or other) deliveries so shopping shouldn't be a big issue. The vans just pull up outside halls on campus.
Account4Choices
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ReadingMum)
I can't help with your specific question but many of the students on my local campus get Asda (or other) deliveries so shopping shouldn't be a big issue. The vans just pull up outside halls on campus.
Thank you
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Account4Choices)
Hello

I'm a prospective disabled student, and I would need parking near halls when I do my weekly shop, otherwise I wouldn't be able to carry anything back to halls.

I was wondering if any of the halls of residence had disabled parking, and if so, which ones?

If there isn't, how far are the student car parks to the halls of residence, as I won't be able to walk far.

Thank you in advance
Hi Account4Choices,

You can apply for a disabled car parking pass and I would recommend you email [email protected] and they will be able to advise you further. You can also find further information here.

All the best
Bindu
JemimaJ24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

I am off to Staffordshire next month and am a blue badge holder, I applied to the university for a parking permit and paid £10 for the year - no it doesn’t guarantee me a parking space but it does mean I won’t need to struggle on a bus!

If it was me I would have online shopping as disabled people registered with Tesco for example still get priority delivery slots..

There are ways around it, but you need to think outside the box sometimes and as disabled people we used to that right? ;-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads