Asking Someone Out But You Haven't Come Out Yet.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So the issue i'm facing is that this girl is aparently going to ask me out but doesn't know if I'm part of the LGBTQ+ and so she's hesitant.
However I acctually wouldn't mind if she did and would probably say yes if she asked me out. Now the problem is that i don't identify as Queer to anyone. I'm still in the closet but I don't want to come out yet and- well i think you can seee the issue here.

What should I do? Ask her out first? Let her ask me? Let her just continue to wonder if i'm straight or not?

Pls help.
agent37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, do you like her?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by agent37)
Well, do you like her?
To be blunt: Yes.
Anonymous #1
Well, do you like her?
Yes. I do. However she's a strong and outspoken member of the LGBTQ+ community and i'm like shy from a strict family and I'm not ready to tell the world yet that i'm not straight.....wait maybe do i tell her but then ask her to keep it a secret? I mean we are really good friends but i feel like that would be wrong to make her hide a relantionship.
agent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes. I do. However she's a strong and outspoken member of the LGBTQ+ community and i'm like shy from a strict family and I'm not ready to tell the world yet that i'm not straight.....wait maybe do i tell her but then ask her to keep it a secret? I mean we are really good friends but i feel like that would be wrong to make her hide a relantionship.
If you both do genuinely like each other and are prepared to put in the effort to have a relationship, you should both discuss this problem because its not your fault and she should be able to understand how you feel! And maybe try talking to it to close friends/family, if you have any siblings, it's a good idea to see how they react first! This is just my personal viewpoint though!
Anonymous #1
If you both do genuinely like each other and are prepared to put in the effort to have a relationship, you should both discuss this problem because its not your fault and she should be able to understand how you feel! And maybe try talking to it to close friends/family, if you have any siblings, it's a good idea to see how they react first! This is just my personal viewpoint though!
I've acctually got some good news. She asked me out last night and now were's dating but she's agreed to keep PDA to a mimimum as we explore the relationship more. So for now it's private but I hoping to maybe come out later this year.
Thank you for the advice was grrat to be able to talk to someone like you and have your viewpoint be shared,

Thank You!
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've acctually got some good news. She asked me out last night and now were's dating but she's agreed to keep PDA to a mimimum as we explore the relationship more. So for now it's private but I hoping to maybe come out later this year.
Thank you for the advice was grrat to be able to talk to someone like you and have your viewpoint be shared,

Thank You!
That's fantastic! I hope it goes well for y'all, have fun!
agent37
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Thank You!
You're very welcome! This is fabulous

I'm so glad everything worked out for the both of you! I wish you all the best of luck with everything!

Please feel welcome to contact me at any point if you need any more advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.06%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (7)
21.21%

Watched Threads