The Student Room Group

medicine - ipad air 3rd gen?

in short i dont wanna burden my parents w the cost of an ipad pro or ipad air 4th gen (they are willing to get it but i'll feel reallyyyy bad esp when you factor in the additional apple pencil, apps, screen protector etc)

i did some looking and found 2nd hand ipad air 3rd gen for a little less than £400 (more than half the price of a new ipad pro or air) but I'm worried that it'll be a bad frugal decision and i should invest in a new ipad pro or smth :/

my q's if anyone has used the air 3rd gen for medicine :smile: -->
- will 256GB be enough for 5 years???
- Only the apple pencil 1st gen is compatible, is this a downside to the 2nd gen pencil?
- is 10.5" screen sufficient?

medicine medicine medicine medicine medicine (ignore this, i needed it to have the post in the med forum smh)
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by stayinglowkey
in short i dont wanna burden my parents w the cost of an ipad pro or ipad air 4th gen (they are willing to get it but i'll feel reallyyyy bad esp when you factor in the additional apple pencil, apps, screen protector etc)

i did some looking and found 2nd hand ipad air 3rd gen for a little less than £400 (more than half the price of a new ipad pro or air) but I'm worried that it'll be a bad frugal decision and i should invest in a new ipad pro or smth :/

my q's if anyone has used the air 3rd gen for medicine :smile: -->
- will 256GB be enough for 5 years???
- Only the apple pencil 1st gen is compatible, is this a downside to the 2nd gen pencil?
- is 10.5" screen sufficient?

medicine medicine medicine medicine medicine (ignore this, i needed it to have the post in the med forum smh)

I have no idea if the iPad would be suitable, but get a job and buy your own/top up for higher spec one? My son is currently working for a better monitor and headphones to take to uni

Quick Reply

Latest