Can you become chemical engineer with only masters in chemical engineering?

Watch
JakeCooke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a bachelors in chemistry and want to apply to a masters course in chemical engineering. Is it still possible or any less likely to get a job in chemical engineering with these qualifications.

Do I need the bachelors? Thanks!!
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you get the masters in Chemical engineering, you will be just as employable as those who did a chemical engineering bachelors and masters (you look the same to employers afaik).
Also, what do you mean by "Do I need the bachelors"?
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JakeCooke)
I have a bachelors in chemistry and want to apply to a masters course in chemical engineering. Is it still possible or any less likely to get a job in chemical engineering with these qualifications.

Do I need the bachelors? Thanks!!
You don't specifically need a bachelors, no, an MSc is a sufficient qualification on its own. However, it is true that you will cover more material in the bachelors, but additionally - and perhaps most importantly - you'll have more time to try and secure work experience of some sort, which is certainly very useful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (22)
17.05%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (23)
17.83%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (17)
13.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (38)
29.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.6%

Watched Threads