hfahiye
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi i recieved the same entitlement for my maintenance loan after resubmitting the appilcation a second time and providing a cover letter and council tax bill to prove that my parents are sperated and that my father cannot provide proof of income as he does not live in this country. Therefore my mother can only provide evidence of her income which she did but my father in unable to. The entitlement is quite £3000 and that is far too low to finacially support me. I would like to know what i can do to increase the entitlement.
anon022002
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
First-year I was entitled way more than the minimum and now they have only given me about 1k above the minimum, which sucks as it's so so so hard to contact student finance and get a realistic response time. I've been on hold for about 40 mins now to probably be told that they don't know and that they will "get back to me"

Its also crazy that they expect parents to cover most of it, and for a student on a full time course to work enough to pay rent, study, and live a healthy life ahah.
If i were you, I would keep emailing and calling. Even put an appeal through, and apply for as many financial aids.
Last edited by anon022002; 2 months ago
hfahiye
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by anon022002)
First-year I was entitled way more than the minimum and now they have only given me about 1k above the minimum, which sucks as it's so so so hard to contact student finance and get a realistic response time. I've been on hold for about 40 mins now to probably be told that they don't know and that they will "get back to me"

Its also crazy that they expect parents to cover most of it, and for a student on a full time course to work enough to pay rent, study, and live a healthy life ahah.
If i were you, I would keep emailing and calling. Even put an appeal through, and apply for as many financial aids.
Thanks for the reply.
Yh ive been messaging and calling and will continue to do so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (12)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.87%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.62%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.84%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.25%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.49%

Watched Threads