The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Is it possible to study in KCL with AAE?

Assuming that the E is on a subject that's irrelevant to my course
Original post by robin1123

If your offer is for example AAB then most likely not. Even if the subject is not relevant, they set up the grade requirements assuming that you were flexible enough to achieve said offer. The university won't take it as that you really didn't care/like your 3rd subject, they'll take it as that you can't handle the 3 A-level workload, which obviously won't look good on your part.
If your offer was something like BBB then there could be some leniency depending on the situation of the university. I'd suggest ringing them up on it since you never know.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Highly unlikely - you've essentially only got 2 A levels, which isn't going to cut the mustard - even at KCL!
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
Highly unlikely - you've essentially only got 2 A levels, which isn't going to cut the mustard - even at KCL!

Thanks for the Reality Check
Reply 4
Original post by JustSomeGuy:/
If your offer is for example AAB then most likely not. Even if the subject is not relevant, they set up the grade requirements assuming that you were flexible enough to achieve said offer. The university won't take it as that you really didn't care/like your 3rd subject, they'll take it as that you can't handle the 3 A-level workload, which obviously won't look good on your part.
If your offer was something like BBB then there could be some leniency depending on the situation of the university. I'd suggest ringing them up on it since you never know.

Thanks, I will.
Thanks for the Reality Check

:laugh: no point mucking about it it, is there?

What did you get the E grade in? Is this something you could retake? It's unusual to get AAE - did you even turn up to the examination in the E grade subject?!
AAAE yes, AAE no
Reply 7
:laugh: no point mucking about it it, is there?

What did you get the E grade in? Is this something you could retake? It's unusual to get AAE - did you even turn up to the examination in the E grade subject?!

Chemistry. Thought I'd be able to manage when I registered but soon realised I've taken a bigger bite than I can chew. I stopped preparing for it and concentrated on other subjects
Chemistry. Thought I'd be able to manage when I registered but soon realised I've taken a bigger bite than I can chew. I stopped preparing for it and concentrated on other subjects

Tough subject, chemistry. Is there any possibility for re-sitting (if you can still go to college that is - you can't really do it as a private candidate, or not without spending a fortune on it, anyway).
Reply 9
Tough subject, chemistry. Is there any possibility for re-sitting (if you can still go to college that is - you can't really do it as a private candidate, or not without spending a fortune on it, anyway).

I'm already 22 mate, dont think delaying another year would be appropriate

Quick Reply

Latest