The Student Room Group

He talks about a woman while around me ?

I’ve been seeing a guy for going on over a month. When i met him he told me was dating another woman as well and he wanted to keep his options open. I was okay with it at first but now i just don’t know.

He has been over my house a few times but the last two times I’ve been annoyed with him.

Last week we were watching a movie and he started to vent about the other woman. I’m guessing she blocked him and they had a conversation and she blocked him on everything afterwards. He kept repeating the story over & over like he hasn’t processed it

Then today in bed again he is sitting in my bed complimenting her and the things she did for him and telling me how she has had his back last month when he was going through financially etc

TLR; not sure if I’m overthinking but he wasn’t talking about her at first but now that she’s blocked him he’s in his feelings

Scroll to see replies

why are you making a thread about this again
Repeat thread
Original post by Moonlight rain
why are you making a thread about this again

Original post by Qxi.xli
Repeat thread

Report it as a duplicate thread then.
Original post by DiddyDec
Report it as a duplicate thread then.

how do you know that they haven’t ? :hmmmm:
Original post by CaptainDuckie
how do you know that they haven’t ? :hmmmm:

Because when you go to report a post it tells you how many other reports were made on it, that currently sits at zero.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been seeing a guy for going on over a month. When i met him he told me was dating another woman as well and he wanted to keep his options open. I was okay with it at first but now i just don’t know.

He has been over my house a few times but the last two times I’ve been annoyed with him.

Last week we were watching a movie and he started to vent about the other woman. I’m guessing she blocked him and they had a conversation and she blocked him on everything afterwards. He kept repeating the story over & over like he hasn’t processed it

Then today in bed again he is sitting in my bed complimenting her and the things she did for him and telling me how she has had his back last month when he was going through financially etc

TLR; not sure if I’m overthinking but he wasn’t talking about her at first but now that she’s blocked him he’s in his feelings

This has more red flags than a CCP parade
Just get out of this relationship, it will turn out to be a toxic dynamic i can already tell
Original post by DiddyDec
Because when you go to report a post it tells you how many other reports were made on it, that currently sits at zero.

ok, thanks for letting me know.

if they did say it was a repeat thread though, it limits other people who have seen the thread from replying. so it makes no difference.

it just lets new people comment with no views already been expressed on the thread.

edit: which just has happened now.
(edited 2 years ago)
Yeah u should’ve left the moment he said he wanted to keep his options open
Original post by Novemberbaby96

why?
why?

She’s obviously hurt by this behaviour by the sounds of it but at the same time it if he’s said I’m keeping my options open he’s just not about just u he’s keeping u around till something better comes a long so I dunno unless she’s fine with him constantly doing it
She’s obviously hurt by this behaviour by the sounds of it but at the same time it if he’s said I’m keeping my options open he’s just not about just u he’s keeping u around till something better comes a long so I dunno unless she’s fine with him constantly doing it

I read it as he’s just dating another woman and trying to weigh up his options to pick whichever one he prefers... :dontknow:

OP was all okay with it at first because I’m assuming she was doing the same thing too...
I read it as he’s just dating another woman and trying to weigh up his options to pick whichever one he prefers... :dontknow:

OP was all okay with it at first because I’m assuming she was doing the same thing too...

Ohhhh I get it , i mean if that’s the case then she needs to just chill and perhaps it could be one of those he didn’t realise how much he liked the other girl until he no longer has access to her
Ohhhh I get it , i mean if that’s the case then she needs to just chill and perhaps it could be one of those he didn’t realise how much he liked the other girl until he no longer has access to her

very very good point.

it’s like when you take candy from a baby, and then they start crying....

but who is to say that he wouldn’t do the same thing to OP, if she left him too?

that’s where the argument breaks down. I say OP just let him get over it with time.
That’s truee 🤔

If u have the patience and strong enough to deal with what may come I guess it depends how invested you are
(edited 2 years ago)
He’s keeping his options open so he can come over

I mean we just started dating so

On what basis are you making this assumption?
Original post by alkhansa
On what basis are you making this assumption?

Even if she wasn’t doing the same thing, being okay with keeping options open gives the opportunity for the person being okay with it to do the same thing.

Quick Reply

Latest