Jammydodger39
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,

Stupid question but are students to sit papers at the end of year 11 or some in year 10 and some in 11
gapb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Jammydodger39)
Hi,

Stupid question but are students to sit papers at the end of year 11 or some in year 10 and some in 11
It’s not a stupid question, usually at the end of year 11. I’ve never heard of a school which does English Gcse in year 10 but there may be a few special students who do.
DSMCubing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m pretty sure you do both in year 11… that’s what they do in my school anyway
LiamWhiteRose
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Generally speaking, at the end of Y11. This can vary from school to school. I did both of mine in Y10, some schools do one English in Y10 the the other in Y11 etc.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think, back in the day when schools were trying to get students as many GCSEs as possible, students would sometimes sit language in Y10 or media studies in Y10. Now, most schools sit everything at the end of Y11.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jammydodger39)
Hi,

Year 11 - lots of reasons - universities like to see all GCSEs taken together and schools are penalised if grades are lower than they should be because students have done them early.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.1%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.93%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
37.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (30)
25.42%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.54%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
5.93%

Watched Threads