?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
And challenging?
Hatty Matty
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I just finished BTEC Applied Science and I can tell you that it is easier than A' levels, well the older version is easier. However, my sister doing new version of BTEC, in which she gets some exams. New version BTEC and A' levels are more or less equal challenging as you not only get to sit exams but also coursework at the same for new version of BTEC.
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm not sure how they compare in terms of difficulty, but I've heard that they are in between GCSE and A Level. In terms of competitiveness they are less competitive that A Level sciences. The A Levels go into a lot more depth as they only focus on one science each so prepare ou better for science curses at uni and are the expectation for standard offers when applying to a lot of unis. Russel group unis probably won't accept someone with BTEC Applied Science for science courses as they don't prepare you enough for the intensity of the science content at uni.
Hatty Matty
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kaorimiyazono)
I'm not sure how they compare in terms of difficulty, but I've heard that they are in between GCSE and A Level. In terms of competitiveness they are less competitive that A Level sciences. The A Levels go into a lot more depth as they only focus on one science each so prepare ou better for science curses at uni and are the expectation for standard offers when applying to a lot of unis. Russel group unis probably won't accept someone with BTEC Applied Science for science courses as they don't prepare you enough for the intensity of the science content at uni.
It depends, I got into two Russel universities with BTEC, but of course not all courses accepts BTEC.
kaorimiyazono
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hatty Matty)
It depends, I got into two Russel universities with BTEC, but of course not all courses accepts BTEC.
Ooh what course was it for?
Hatty Matty
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kaorimiyazono)
Ooh what course was it for?
Psychology
kaorimiyazono
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hatty Matty)
Psychology
Oh right cool
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads