Is Design and Technology , Maths, Business a good A-level combination

Watch
Matchalikestea
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am planning to study Business Management or Business administration at university, and I wanted to know if this A-level combination is suitable for the course I am going to take at university. ( I am planning to study A-level in England next year, so I am still thinking about my A-levels) At the moment, my school uses The International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme which I am taking right now.
Last edited by Matchalikestea; 1 month ago
AimPerfectly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as I know, the A-level’s you do aren’t too important for business degrees but I do highly recommend that you take either (or both) psychology (or any social science) or history (or another humanities subject). Universities like KCL require you to have an a-level in one of these to be accepted so better safe that sorry. I’d say if you want to only do 3 a-levels, to drop graphics and take one mentioned above. Maths helps with anything so you should keep that and business a-level obviously would help when you’re actually at uni but ironically won’t increase your chances of getting into a business course.
Hope this helped
Matchalikestea
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AimPerfectly)
As far as I know, the A-level’s you do aren’t too important for business degrees but I do highly recommend that you take either (or both) psychology (or any social science) or history (or another humanities subject). Universities like KCL require you to have an a-level in one of these to be accepted so better safe that sorry. I’d say if you want to only do 3 a-levels, to drop graphics and take one mentioned above. Maths helps with anything so you should keep that and business a-level obviously would help when you’re actually at uni but ironically won’t increase your chances of getting into a business course.
Hope this helped
Ohh, I might replace Design with Psychology, but I am still thinking about that. But anyways, thank you for the reply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (362)
84.19%
No (68)
15.81%

Watched Threads