For medicine if I’m eligible for contextual offers how many can I apply for

Watch
Ghostface6001
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How many could I apply for, my home postcode allows me to be eligible, and do all unis provide contextual offers and how often are they successful
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The criteria for lower grade 'contextual' University offers will be different for each Uni - and some may use a combination of two or three criteria not just home postcode. Don't assume that because you are eligible at one Uni that you will be automatically eligible at all of them, or that you will get the same consideration or grade reduction to any offer.

You will have to check the criteria carefully on each Uni website - google 'contexual' and the name of the University. Some (Bristol, Leeds, Manchester) give clear, easy to understand information and include a postcode etc checker on their website. Others are appallingly vague and just mutter something about 'contextual offer being taken into account' which is of no help as you don't know whether or not to risk applying. If it is this vague on the Uni website, email and ask them for clarification, making it clear that you will not apply unless you get more detailed, and more reliable, information.

You can apply for as many 'contextual offers' as you like to make up your 5 choices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.74%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.93%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.69%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.73%

Watched Threads