I just can’t lose weight and it’s getting bad now

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m ngl I’m very overweight(obese), I’m 17, and it’s ruining my health, I can’t wear clothes that I want to, like jeans, I can’t even play sports properly, I guess I love food too much, how can I get over this and lose weight, I’ve been trying to for so long but I can never do it
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m ngl I’m very overweight(obese), I’m 17, and it’s ruining my health, I can’t wear clothes that I want to, like jeans, I can’t even play sports properly, I guess I love food too much, how can I get over this and lose weight, I’ve been trying to for so long but I can never do it
Diet and exercise is the only real way.

Start out small because big changes can cause you to lose weight and go back after a while.

Maybe first you could set out just one day a week where you aren't allowed any junk food. You could also set a day where you go on a brisk walk or a cycle. Then you slowly increase overtime. So in a few months maybe you only eat junk food one day a week and walk/run regularly.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have to want to change in order to change. As has been said, diet and exercise are very important, but I think mentality is more important. If you want to lose weight, you need to cut back on the calories consumed and increase the amount of exercise you do.

I was also obese but 6 weeks ago I started going swimming every day. I've lost 14lbs. Sometimes after work I feel too tired to swim and just want to chill out in front of the tv - that is where mentality comes in. I want to lose weight so I need to force myself to work out - and it works. But you gotta want it.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In my experience, people that gain excessive weight tend to do it because they don't love food enough.
And by that I mean they don't love food in all the wonderful varieties it comes in. They tend to love only a rather limited range of foods - that tend to have high calorie densities.

So that for example, if you present an overweight person with a meal made from chick peas and black eyed beans with a cabbage, carrot, apple, red seedless grape, rocket and mint salad plus some lightly roasted cashews, almonds, pistachios plus some mushrooms cooked with garlic and more often than not they will turn their noses up at it.

As part of your lifestyle aim to eat loads more fresh fruit, veggies, leaves, herbs, seeds etc. Eat as much of this stuff as you can. Stuff your face with it. This should lead to you eating less pizza, chicken nuggets, chips, burgers, meat, etc etc

As a result you should start losing weight when combined with an increase in exercise to the tune of an additional 30 minutes per week where you get puffed and your pulse is racing.

Don't expect miracles overnight. A loss of 0.5 kgs per week is fine.

The aim is to lose weight whilst having more reserves of strength and energy and whilst feeling better in yourself and having no side effects. Apart from maybe some more wind. And with this lifestyle change you should avoid yo-yoing.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It is a bit of an unsolved problem, it seems to me liked to appetite and hunger control and other complex influences. I would get some advice from your GP. Ultimately it is about finding sustainable routines that work for you.
Noshot
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make dedicated times where you can eat (could be whatever) and you'll probably lose weight instead of snacking all the time.
Obviously just to break it in that you are trying to lose weight not that what i am suggesting is healthy. As a disclaimer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads