johnma2131
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi all, I got an offer from University of Leeds and I meet their requirement. However, I am still waiting for a decision from UCL and as they take forever to process my application should I accept my offer from Leeds first? If I accepted my offer from Leeds and later received an offer from UCL is it easy to withdraw my application/studies from Leeds and get my tuition fee back?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by johnma2131)
Hi all, I got an offer from University of Leeds and I meet their requirement. However, I am still waiting for a decision from UCL and as they take forever to process my application should I accept my offer from Leeds first? If I accepted my offer from Leeds and later received an offer from UCL is it easy to withdraw my application/studies from Leeds and get my tuition fee back?
Hiya!
It’s great that you got an offer, well done!
I would say to just wait until you get a response from UCL. Uni of Leeds can’t withdraw their offer or change it at all just because you waited to accept it and there is no real benefit to accepting it early other than for peace of mind. My opinion would be to wait until UCL respond and then make your decision.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
Michaela - UoP Rep
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by johnma2131)
Unless Leeds are asking for a deposit (universities don't usually ask for fees until the start of term) then accept their offer and wait until UCL make a decision to decide your final offer. That way you won't inadvertently miss a response deadline from Leeds and if anything operates through first-come, first -served, you are in the queue earlier.

It's routine to accept PG offers as they come in and then make a final decision when you know what offers you've got.
johnma2131
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hiya!
It’s great that you got an offer, well done!
I would say to just wait until you get a response from UCL. Uni of Leeds can’t withdraw their offer or change it at all just because you waited to accept it and there is no real benefit to accepting it early other than for peace of mind. My opinion would be to wait until UCL respond and then make your decision.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
Michaela - UoP Rep
Thanks for your advice, I'm thinking of accepting the offer because I simply need to apply for dorm.
johnma2131
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Unless Leeds are asking for a deposit (universities don't usually ask for fees until the start of term) then accept their offer and wait until UCL make a decision to decide your final offer. That way you won't inadvertently miss a response deadline from Leeds and if anything operates through first-come, first -served, you are in the queue earlier.

It's routine to accept PG offers as they come in and then make a final decision when you know what offers you've got.
Thanks, guess I'll accept the offer first because they don't require me to pay for a deposit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (47)
37.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
26.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.38%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads