ZK92941
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, I was wondering whether someone knew if we had to learn how to draw the graph that shows the strong nuclear force acting on nucleons. I checked the aqa spec and they didn't mention a graph but the textbook contains one and I'm not sure whether to teach myself how to draw one as I'm short on time rn and I'm revising key things. Thanks.
username5737602
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If it's not on the specification, you don't have to know it. though, it won't take too long to learn
ZK92941
Rep:
?
(Original post by tej3141)
If it's not on the specification, you don't have to know it. though, it won't take too long to learn
Alright, thanks. No I would have learned it, and I did try, it's just that the way that it's presented in the textbook is really confusing to me - similar graphs on the internet are simpler so I didn't know if all the details in that graph were necessary.
username5737602
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZK92941)
Alright, thanks. No I would have learned it, and I did try, it's just that the way that it's presented in the textbook is really confusing to me - similar graphs on the internet are simpler so I didn't know if all the details in that graph were necessary.
If you don't know the graph, you atleast have to know HOW the strong nuclear force works. So that it is repulsive below 0.5fm and attractive up to around 5fm then its strength falls rapidly to zero
ZK92941
Rep:
?
Yes, I learned how it works. Thanks (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads