Help!! Want to change university after first year

Watch
BlueBell15000
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there,

I’ve just finished first year at university but I’m not good at the course and have just about passed how could I change university even though I haven’t done a new UCAS or anything??

I only decided recently to change universities after I talked it though with my friend.

Thank you 💞
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BlueBell15000)
Hi there,

I’ve just finished first year at university but I’m not good at the course and have just about passed how could I change university even though I haven’t done a new UCAS or anything??

I only decided recently to change universities after I talked it though with my friend.

Thank you 💞
Get a ucas application submitted asap.

Do you want to do the same course at a different university or start again from year 1 on a new course?
BlueBell15000
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Get a ucas application submitted asap.

Do you want to do the same course at a different university or start again from year 1 on a new course?
Thank you for replying 😄

A different course most likely. Do I need to make a new ucas account and personal statement?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for replying 😄

A different course most likely. Do I need to make a new ucas account and personal statement?
Yes and you’ll need a reference too. Talk to your current university tutor if you can’t contact your old college.
BlueBell15000
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Yes and you’ll need a reference too. Talk to your current university tutor if you can’t contact your old college.
Ah ok thank you. What year would I be applying for? 2022?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah ok thank you. What year would I be applying for? 2022?
If you want to start this autumn 2021.
Kogomogo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you want to change university, subject or both?

You might be able to get into another uni this year through clearing if you get onto it, either start again on the same course or switch to a different one. Student finance should cover the length of your new course plus one year, meaning it should be fully funded.

If you want to continue your current course at another uni without repeating first year then it might still be possible to do a transfer, but it is getting rather late in the academic year so you'd have to ask some uni's if it's still possible.

Edit: have just seen you want a new course. If you're happy with your current uni you could try asking for a course change and start again, or apply to other uni's.
Last edited by Kogomogo; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
6.98%
I need help researching courses (3)
6.98%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6.98%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
46.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
23.26%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6.98%

Watched Threads