The strangest thing just happened to me..

Watch
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So yesterday I had just got back from an induction for this new temp job I plan to do for a while ...and I headed off to the town centre for a walk ..and also I was bored.

Whilst There I was standing around at one point, and these two girls come upto me.. and start saying hello like they wanted to talk to me. I was a bit surprised, but was also wondering about their intentions.

So one of them then said that she always see's me around, and asks me what am I up to. I tell her i've just come out for a walk. A judgemental face appears and she asks "all by yourself?" .. I then say yeah, all my friends live in London, but I live here basically.

She then asks me what I do job wise... and a few more questions. Then they leave and say goodbye.

maybe 20 mins later they come back again, and see me still standing there. The older one comments on it. She then says I look lonely. She then asks if I'm dating anyone. I say no. She then says "how about I set you up with someone?"
I'm more than a bit shocked at this point. I mean who approaches random dudes in the street and offers to set them up?
I decide to agree to it, as it beats doing cold approach doesn't it? and say i did meet a girl from them, because it's basically social circle .. she will be much less likely to flake.

Then they start asking me what type of girls I like?
Then one of them starts also talking about perhaps taking me on a night out, and they find me a girl there?

that's basically it. the spoiler is a bit tldr and isn't essential reading but just contains some extra details, and a question of do you think i should go through with it?

Spoiler:
Show

They then asked me my age.
I made them guess. They guessed me 11 yrs younger than my true age. when i told them my true age they didn't believe me and it actually took a while to convince them i wasn't lying. Their shock and disbelief actually caused quite a lot of commotion. I hate telling people my age.......
I don't like the reactions I get....
seriously seriously considering lying to girls about my age in future...

Then they start visually looking me over.

all of a sudden they started complimenting me and criticizing me at the same time. kept telling me i was really cute, yet also criticised everything i was wearing. I had bought a new hat because too much people think I look scary and captainduckie said i look dodgy in my other hat, but they said my new hat looked like a kfc hat. 😣😣

man felt violated. 😭
I literally felt like I was in one of those smash or pass videos

They said they wanted to take me shopping to buy new clothes, and asked when i would get paid?

I then asked for their social media. The older one said I can only get hers because the other girl was underaged.
wtf??
she didn't look underaged to me. she looked 16/17 ....and I was only asking for their social media's as they were offering to set me up, not to move to the girl. I'm kinda offended at the implications ngl. considering the circumstances is it really that inappropriate for me to ask for the social media?

anyways, the older one starts giving me her social media, but some distraction happens and in the end she just says she'll arrange everything when she bumps into me again.

i'm kinda a bit baffled by the whole thing. she was really judgemental at times, but also a bit too complimentary at times too. Lets hope she sets me up ...and doesn't develop a crush on me, because it does happen I notice with females who spend too much time with me.

I'm also worried who they're gonna try set me up with. the younger one clearly didn't want to say something in front of me, and told the older one she'll tell her later.

should i back out?
I could do with some friends and female friends in the area... but ngl i felt somewhat uneasy...

Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
So yesterday I had just got back from an induction for this new temp job I plan to do for a while ...and I headed off to the town centre for a walk ..and also I was bored.

Whilst There I was standing around at one point, and these two girls come upto me.. and start saying hello like they wanted to talk to me. I was a bit surprised, but was also wondering about their intentions.

So one of them then said that she always see's me around, and asks me what am I up to. I tell her i've just come out for a walk. A judgemental face appears and she asks "all by yourself?" .. I then say yeah, all my friends live in London, but I live here basically.

She then asks me what I do job wise... and a few more questions. Then they leave and say goodbye.

maybe 20 mins later they come back again, and see me still standing there. The older one comments on it. She then says I look lonely. She then asks if I'm dating anyone. I say no. She then says "how about I set you up with someone?"
I'm more than a bit shocked at this point. I mean who approaches random dudes in the street and offers to set them up?
I decide to agree to it, as it beats doing cold approach doesn't it? and say i did meet a girl from them, because it's basically social circle .. she will be much less likely to flake.

Then one of them starts also talking about perhaps taking me on a night out, and they find me a girl there?

that's basically it. the spoiler is a bit tldr and isn't essential reading but just contains some extra details, and a question of do you think i should go through with it?

Spoiler:
Show

I made them guess. They guessed me 11 yrs younger than my true age. when i told them my true age they didn't believe me and it actually took a while to convince them i wasn't lying. Their shock and disbelief actually caused quite a lot of commotion. I hate telling people my age.......

all of a sudden they started complimenting me and criticizing me at the same time. kept telling me i was really cute, yet also criticised everything i was wearing. I had bought a new hat because too much people think I look scary and captainduckie said i look dodgy in my other hat, but they said my new hat looked like a kfc hat. 😣😣

man felt violated. 😭

They said they wanted to take me shopping to buy new clothes, and asked when i would get paid?

I then asked for their social media. The older one said I can only get hers because the other girl was underaged.
wtf??
she didn't look underaged to me. she looked 16/17 ....and I was only asking for their social media's as they were offering to set me up, not to move to the girl. I'm kinda offended at the implications ngl. considering the circumstances is it really that inappropriate for me to ask for the social media?

anyways, the older one starts giving me her social media, but some distraction happens and in the end she just says she'll arrange everything when she bumps into me again.

i'm kinda a bit baffled by the whole thing. she was really judgemental at times, but also a bit too complimentary at times too. Lets hope she sets me up ...and doesn't develop a crush on me, because it does happen I notice with females who spend too much time with me.

I'm also worried who they're gonna try set me up with. the younger one clearly didn't want to say something in front of me, and told the older one she'll tell her later.

should i back out?
I could do with some friends and female friends in the area... but ngl i felt somewhat uneasy...
Are you sure you were not daydreaming again?
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Are you sure you were not daydreaming again?

what do you mean again?

strange stuff legit seems to happen around me
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what do you mean again?

strange stuff legit seems to happen around me
Strange things sometimes happen and sometimes people are just daydreaming...
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, they sound like freaks to me, and their friends will probably be the same.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
If I were you I'd want to stay away from people like that
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
I felt the older girl was REALLY judgemental the way she was scrutinising and critisizing me..

I wouldn't say they were freaks though?
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I felt the older girl was REALLY judgemental the way she was scrutinising and critisizing me..

I wouldn't say they were freaks though?
Well, they're behaving like them. What kind of creepy weirdo just goes up to random blokes in the street and asks them initmate questions that they have no business knowing the answers to?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
captainduckie said i look dodgy in my other hat

but they said my new hat looked like a kfc hat. 😣😣

man felt violated. 😭

what did you say back ?
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
nothing special, just kinda young for my age :dontknow:
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
what did you say back ?
I kinda just took it on the chin tbh
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I kinda just took it on the chin tbh

nah I can’t even tell if they’re either a) doing it out of kind gesture or b) trying to take the mick out of you...
sunshine774
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wtf, this is weird behaviour. I'd stay away if I were you.
agent37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Spoiler:
Show

man felt violated. 😭

wtf??

should i back out?
As someone who seems to be around the same age as them, they seem like freaks and I'd run for it if I were you. That's not normal behaviour in any way!!! Regardless of who you are, it's strange to approach people out of the blue only to set them up and then judge you like that!!
agent37
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Spoiler:
Show

man felt violated. 😭

wtf??

should i back out?
If anything, they could even get you into trouble! I advise heavily to not get involved!
username3477548
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have
Spoiler:
Show
we played chess and I think it was him in his profile photo (:

(Original post by ROTL94)
I second this. They sound like weirdos to me and I think they just want to mess around with you
Last edited by username3477548; 1 month ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
(Original post by agent37)
As someone who seems to be around the same age as them, they seem like freaks and I'd run for it if I were you. That's not normal behaviour in any way!!! Regardless of who you are, it's strange to approach people out of the blue only to set them up and then judge you like that!!
(Original post by agent37)
If anything, they could even get you into trouble! I advise heavily to not get involved!
The younger girl must have been like 15?

The older girl at least 25?
possibly 30?
She had one of those faces where it's kinda hard to tell.

I felt some of the questions I was being asked rather intrusive. like she noticed a scar on my arm and asked about it. the expressions on her face when asking about it were not good either. the scar has been there like 20yrs and tbh i don't think it's that standoutish as she is the only person ever to ask about it. after i told her about it her face did look sympathetic... , but i still didn't like the way she asked about it......
ANM775
Rep:
?
Well, I'm still alive and not in the ICU

So yeah, i'm good thanks.
my sense of smell and taste has almost fully returned too thank god.
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Before you said their ages in the spoiler I thought 'this is the kind of thing that used to happen around parks when I was in high school'. Probably one of them fancies you. Maybe though they're trying to get money off you or will tie you up and chop off your penis. Either way there are better ways to meet women. In the best case scenario you'd probably just have an awkward date.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The younger girl must have been like 15?

The older girl at least 25?
possibly 30?
She had one of those faces where it's kinda hard to tell.

I felt some of the questions I was being asked rather intrusive. like she noticed a scar on my arm and asked about it. the expressions on her face when asking about it were not good either. the scar has been there like 20yrs and tbh i don't think it's that standoutish as she is the only person ever to ask about it. after i told her about it her face did look sympathetic... , but i still didn't like the way she asked about it......
They sound like weirdos.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.44%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.77%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.05%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.42%

Watched Threads