The Student Room Group

Student Finance Funding

I did a 3 year course at uni with an integrated foundation year but have struggled in my final year and am considering resitting as I am struggling even with the deferral deadline. I know that usually you are eligible for an extra year of student finance but am unsure if my foundation year would have used up this extra year as normally the courses are 3 years. Thanks in advance
You get funding equal to the length of your course plus one year usually, so provided that you've been using the same course code to apply for finance for each year since your foundation year, you should still have the "gift year" available if required.

Note however you generally can't choose to resit a year - your uni will tell you if this is required. Likewise you usually can't resit exams at uni to improve your grade (normally individual exam resits are capped at the lowest pass mark). Your uni may have a "no detriment" policy due to the covid situation - I'd suggest speaking with your personal tutor about this and your current situation and what options you will have.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
You get funding equal to the length of your course plus one year usually, so provided that you've been using the same course code to apply for finance for each year since your foundation year, you should still have the "gift year" available if required.

Note however you generally can't choose to resit a year - your uni will tell you if this is required. Likewise you usually can't resit exams at uni to improve your grade (normally individual exam resits are capped at the lowest pass mark). Your uni may have a "no detriment" policy due to the covid situation - I'd suggest speaking with your personal tutor about this and your current situation and what options you will have.

So I’ve already spoken to the programme leader who is happy to allow me to resit the year, as I’ve already failed two modules (I should’ve mentioned this) during my third year so am currently doing them as deferrals but I don’t think I’m going to get a good enough mark on the deferrals to pass anyway hence why I’m thinking about resitting my final year

Quick Reply

Latest