imcrying
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
i do maths, further maths and economics alevel and i'm not sure if i should drop epq because i'm struggling with writing the essay part.
If i do epq, does my chances of getting into a university (i really want to get into LSE) increase??
Juliean95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I thought Economics had a lot of essay writing involved?

The way I see it, you have an opportunity to work on a weak area now and work on it early than later.
I am assuming you like problem solving and numbers since you seem to have chosen such a highly quantitative combination of subjects.

You just need to realise if you can balance those workloads with an EPQ - In my opinion - a solid schedule and as long as you stick to it, then undertaking an EPQ is entirely possible. Do you have project ideas for your EPQ? Is there something you are particularly passionate about? If you're not passionate and just doing it for the sake of it then this will lead to a bad plan and bad outcome.

It may contribute to getting into a better university - maybe not the EPQ itself but being able to demonstrate your ability to manage and undertake large workloads simultaneously. If the EPQ is related to the degree you wish to undertake at LSE then yes, it can contribute with a demonstration of your passion in that course.

Best of luck
MikeSike
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I take maths, further maths, economics and physics and have been doing an EPQ. I'd say the most important thing is to find something you actually want to write about because you likely won't find the motivation to work on it otherwise, and ensure 100% (triple check) that what you're writing on is not included in the specification of your subjects (I had to start over after writing 2500 words...)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
13.83%
I need help researching courses (8)
8.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.38%
I need help with my personal statement (38)
40.43%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
24.47%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.26%

Watched Threads