Is it okay to identify as heteroflexible?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I get that I might be bi, but I mainly feel attraction to men (I'm a girl) so I don't want to identify as bi because it might look like I'm attention seeking. At the same time, I don't want to contribute to bi-invisibility by saying I'm heteroflexible, so is it okay?
Tracey_W
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I get that I might be bi, but I mainly feel attraction to men (I'm a girl) so I don't want to identify as bi because it might look like I'm attention seeking. At the same time, I don't want to contribute to bi-invisibility by saying I'm heteroflexible, so is it okay?
What does it mean.....
A heteroflexible person is someone who’s “mostly straight” — they usually find themselves attracted to people of a different gender to them, but occasionally find themselves attracted to people who are the same gender.

This attraction could be romantic (that is, concerning the people you want to date) or sexual (concerning the people you want to have sex with), or both.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've never heard the term heteroflexible being used, sometimes hear bi-curious.
chlamydia9000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why label yourself as anything? You don't have to make declarations and perform for others.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
One of these terms sounds a bit more attention seeking than the other
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I find some girls attractive but I just call myself heterosexual because i wouldnt want to have sex or relationship with another girl. If someone was curious about my sexuality i could explain that but if it is just about a label i just use heterosexual so that a bi or lesbian girl doesnt consider me as a potential partner.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you're bi I'd just identify as bi, I would think if you were worried about people thinking you're attention seeking (which you definitely shouldn't), you should use bi not heteroflexible too. But if you're more comfortable with heteroflexible use that.
Theloniouss
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You're overthinking this a bit. It's "okay" for you to identify as whatever feels right
Foxehh
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Bisexuality doesnt mean you have to like both 50/50. You can have a preference. Maybe not attention seeking but it does seem a tad odd to identify as something many people havent heard of when there is already a mainstream label that already describes your sexuality.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've never head of the term heteroflexible? But if you're attracted to men and women then that probably means you're bi. I would say that I am bi as I'm the same as you, I'm mostly attracted to men but still have some attraction towards women too. Bi doesn't have to mean 50/50 men and women, bi just means that you feel attraction towards both genders despite if its equal attraction or not.

But to be honest unless you'd feel more comfortable having a label I'd say it doesn't matter. Even though I'm attracted to both genders I don't really like to label myself and I don't see the point, and if someone asks me I tell them it doesn't matter because sexuality doesn't define who you are.
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
I've never heard the term heteroflexible being used, sometimes hear bi-curious.
To be honest I didn't know either till one of the young students was telling me about it as doing research on this subject so she understand things with it for future career issues...!
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First time I've heard the term 'heteroflexible'. It's getting difficult to keep up with all these new names.
Tammie2345524
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Use whichever label you're most comfortable with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads