HELP! I don't know what Is wrong with my dog.

Watch
Alicehale6
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My dog is excessively licking her lips. She is very lethargic and doesn't want to move and her breathing is very rapid.

Ate ate her food this morning but refuses to drink.
She was fine this morning and then she was limping on her back leg (maybe due to her hip dysplasia) and laid down and wouldn't move.

She went to have blood tests at the vets earlier and they came back as normal, and was just given paracetamol for the pain.
She is 9 year old Labrador retriever.

Does anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong with her
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alicehale6)
My dog is excessively licking her lips. She is very lethargic and doesn't want to move and her breathing is very rapid.

She was fine this morning and then she was limping on her back leg (maybe due to her hip dysplasia) and laid down and wouldn't move.

She went to have blood tests at the vets earlier and they came back as normal, and was just given paracetamol for the pain.

The main thing is that she's been assessed by your vet - so I wouldn't worry too much. Has she managed to eat something she shouldn't have? Was something left lying around?

If she's got a current painful hip dysplasia then she's going to be lethargic and not wanting to move around - I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just try to make her comfortable. When was the last time she drunk anything?
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alicehale6)

it could be a stroke or something. maybe you should take her to another vet? tbh 9 is pretty old for large breeds, so it could be a lot of things. it could also be dm (degenerative myelopathy ) if she's really struggling with her back legs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (17)
7.33%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
14.66%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (40)
17.24%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.66%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (62)
26.72%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.4%

Watched Threads