How do i stop caring

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How do I stop caring about what other people think of me? Because 'ignore it' isn't working, and I literally feel like I'm being judged and spoken about behind my back all the time and it's horrible, but I feel like no matter what I do someone is always going to judge me and its not great, I care too much for no reason but I cant stop!
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I feel like no matter what I do someone is always going to judge me
That's your rational brain talking. You should have no regard for things that are outside of your control, although it is hard, if you have a thing about being in control, accepting that that is sometimes the case is liberating.
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
What level of education are you at?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What level of education are you at?
GCSE? Going into year 11 in september
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do I stop caring about what other people think of me? Because 'ignore it' isn't working, and I literally feel like I'm being judged and spoken about behind my back all the time and it's horrible, but I feel like no matter what I do someone is always going to judge me and its not great, I care too much for no reason but I cant stop!
Be 100% yourself, and you'll start to care less what people think of you.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
GCSE? Going into year 11 in september
Thought it might be high school. I remember people being that way too at that age, very judgemental and liking to cause drama. Then when we all went to college it was like everyone changed over the summer, like a switch was flipped. Nearly everyone started acting more mature and adult once we got that freedom, people who I hated in high school I was suddenly able to be friendly with, and all that high school drama just seemed so behind us and irrelevant. The dynamic changes again at uni and beyond, but i think getting out of high school is generally the most drastic change for the better and things improve.

Try and hang in there, things do get better, having friends as an adult is usually so much different to having them as a child / teen. People at that age are often just immature, try not to take it too personally, they lash out at others because they have their own problems.
bambi248
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's great that you are able to identify that you are struggling and your reaching out for help! Talk compassionately to your inner voice. What would you tell a friend if they felt that way? Remember that everyone worries about what others are thinking. They are probably too busy worrying about themselves and how they are acting. Be so completely yourself that everyone else feels safe to be themselves too.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can relate to this, especially given that other people can have the power to curtail my freedom just by whipping up opinion do things to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads