Wayz3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a job interview at Waitrose next week for supermarket assistant, I’m 16 and only job I’ve had is a paper round so I’m unsure and little worried, can anyone give some tips on what questions are likely to be asked and what to dress and does anyone know what the pay for a 16 year old is at Waitrose?
Juliean95
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey friend,

Waitrose pays quite well I believe, even for 16 year olds. I don't remember the exact figure but its certainly one of the highest. Guess you could count them as luxurious food supermarkets. You should be able to ask them the expected salary but just ask them as gently as possible.

Supermarket assistant - right off the bat, they will ask you about how to deal with customers, how to help them, how to deal with any customer problems, so its basically a very 'customer facing' position. Go on youtube and look for interview questions to do with customer facing roles. There should be general shop assistant interview questions and that will be more than enough.

Teamwork is another element they will question you on, I understand paper round is a pretty solo role but you could talk about working in a group at school, if not just tell them how you're great with people and good at communicating and connecting/being open and friendly.

Is there no job description for this role?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed