The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

University of Bristol CAS 2021

Hi everyone. I have been expecting my CAS from UoB. Please let me know:
If you have received yours and how long you had to wait.
If you have not and how long you have been waiting.
It is quite frustrating. I contacted them and the guy who answered the call actually said "you get it when you get it". I hope I made the right choice going with UoB; I am abit worried.
Please share your experiences so that I can have an idea. Thank you.
Same here, the person that replied to my email was abit more polite than that but essentially said the same thing.

Having done some quick research UKVI usually takes around 3 weeks to process the visa application and issue a student visa. So ideally you’d want your CAS by end of August so you can apply straight away. Worse case scenario you may have to pay extra for expedited process (5 or even 1 working day).

I am a little frustrated with the uni myself but there’s still some time for now.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Which course? My daughter received the CAS a couple of weeks ago and she applied the visa immediately. The visa was approved within 10 days.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Same here, the person that replied to my email was abit more polite than that but essentially said the same thing.

Having done some quick research UKVI usually takes around 3 weeks to process the visa application and issue a student visa. So ideally you’d want your CAS by end of August so you can apply straight away. Worse case scenario you may have to pay extra for expedited process (5 or even 1 working day).

I am a little frustrated with the uni myself but there’s still some time for now.

Nope, that's not ideal. Ideally, you'd want it by the end of July. Only the rich can afford to pay expedited visa service and buy an expensive air ticket. Come onn, 1 day priority is about 1T quid...equivalent to 6weeks rent in Bristol! And the school should not work with expedited option anyway. They aren't paying.
Also one wants to miss Welcome week and there's hotel quarantine to complete before that.
Reply 4
No one*
I agree, I meant end of august or before is ideal because you can apply for the standard turnaround (not expedited) and still have it in time for the start of the semester.

Of course, I’d rather have had it last month, but it is what it is. Definitely not on the university’s side on this one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending