What illnesses/injures have you had since the pandemic started?

Watch
youngyob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
other than coronavirus

i have been fine.
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by youngyob)
other than coronavirus

i have been fine.
i've been a social distancing fundamentalist for the past 18 months and has resulted in no illnesses whatsoever. i do worry about the upcoming winter bugs because i have obviously not been building up my immunity...
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
mental health issues have increased because economy lockdown and isolation.
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Purely mental
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I had a really awful time with my breathing between... June to December 2020? I can't remember when it fizzled out. Sometimes I couldn't even walk 200m in one go on flat ground: had to keep stopping and resting and then restarting my walking

GP was completely baffled as he just assumed it was long covid but antibody test ruled that out :iiam: He eventually diagnosed me with asthma but then another GP in the same practice was less sure. Breathing problems are almost zilch despite not taking asthma pump (for the supposed asthma) or antihistamines (for diagnosed grass allergy), so :iiam:
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Extremely high blood pressure. I wouldn't even have known had I not bought my mum a blood pressure cuff a day before the first lockdown. Don't know how long I had it before that. Also some weird throat thing where I keep choking on water and it feels my like my windpipe is the width of a pin. Don't know what's causing that.
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
I had a really awful time with my breathing between... June to December 2020? I can't remember when it fizzled out. Sometimes I couldn't even walk 200m in one go on flat ground: had to keep stopping and resting and then restarting my walking

GP was completely baffled as he just assumed it was long covid but antibody test ruled that out :iiam: He eventually diagnosed me with asthma but then another GP in the same practice was less sure. Breathing problems are almost zilch despite not taking asthma pump (for the supposed asthma) or antihistamines (for diagnosed grass allergy), so :iiam:
Asthma and allergy can be connected.
Kathy89
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Well... I've been actually pretty healthy, not even a cold this year. although my migraines are getting worse again, my eyesight is too, I ended up wearing glasses or contacts most of the day again.
I manage to work more on my leg so it is actually improving.
Now it is so hot outside that I either go for a walk at night or early morning like now (just got back from a walk).
I'm going to be vaccinated next week. I'm still scared a bit because of the side effects, I took a week off of work for that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.81%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.08%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.31%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.05%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.77%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads