?
Report 2 months ago
Try vodka.
broccoli_soup
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Same. I use these sleepless spells to work on myself and skills. Learn something new that you're interested in. If you keep your mind occupied, you'll soon find it becoming tired and wanting to sleep. Hope this helps.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Try vodka.
No

(Original post by broccoli_soup)
Same. I use these sleepless spells to work on myself and skills. Learn something new that you're interested in. If you keep your mind occupied, you'll soon find it becoming tired and wanting to sleep. Hope this helps.
I think I have a problem
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No

I think I have a problem
Suit yourself then, enjoy complaining fruitlessly on the Internet
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Go out for a walk and exhaust yourself.
sunshine774
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why can't you sleep?
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you want to talk you can PM me
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think I have a problem
Have you tried practicing good sleep hygiene? Or simply seeing your doctor about it? Sleeping pills being handy(ish) for the short term if nothing else.
heccyeah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Now, I'm no expert, but I don't think being on TSR is helping you get to sleep.
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Make a sleep schedule to reset your 'biological clock', it may feel forced at first closing your eyes and resting without being tired but your body will eventually get used to it and start shutting down automatically and even waking up almost exactly to the schedule (for some reason if I'm set on sleeping x amount of hours, I always wake up on time right at my alarm, it takes some practice).

Stop using blue lights/screens at night, if it's exposed to your skin (not just your eyes) it will keep inhibiting your body's natural ability to produce melatonin ruining your rhythm, so you'll find it difficult to feel sleepy.
Don't eat sugar/big meal before bed. It might give you a short term down but it will keep you wide awake after.
Try hot milk before bed, you may think I'm crazy but try it.
Are you physically active? Do some light physical activity throughout the day and stretch before bed.

Idk about this popular use of melatonin gummies or tablets since it seems risky to me. If you feel like you need intervention, speak to a doctor but I doubt they'll give medicine for it unless it's super bad because there are a lot of ways to treat it first.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kathy89)
If you want to talk you can PM me
I'm not going to pm some random kid lmao
Anonymous #1
(Original post by heccyeah)
Now, I'm no expert, but I don't think being on TSR is helping you get to sleep.
I know

(Original post by Satori Tendō)
Make a sleep schedule to reset your 'biological clock', it may feel forced at first closing your eyes and resting without being tired but your body will eventually get used to it and start shutting down automatically and even waking up almost exactly to the schedule (for some reason if I'm set on sleeping x amount of hours, I always wake up on time right at my alarm, it takes some practice).

Stop using blue lights/screens at night, if it's exposed to your skin (not just your eyes) it will keep inhibiting your body's natural ability to produce melatonin ruining your rhythm, so you'll find it difficult to feel sleepy.
Don't eat sugar/big meal before bed. It might give you a short term down but it will keep you wide awake after.
Try hot milk before bed, you may think I'm crazy but try it.
Are you physically active? Do some light physical activity throughout the day and stretch before bed.

Idk about this popular use of melatonin gummies or tablets since it seems risky to me. If you feel like you need intervention, speak to a doctor but I doubt they'll give medicine for it unless it's super bad because there are a lot of ways to treat it first.
Cheers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (18)
16.51%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.34%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.5%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
38.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (26)
23.85%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.83%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.42%

Watched Threads