Weekend away whilst not being close to family

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
The weekend away is with all our extended family. I'm not close to any of them and they're all close. We're going to a really pretty place so I don't want to say no now but I just know I'll end up being alone on the trip. What should I do?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That all depends on what you mean by “not close” tbh - is it because you don’t really know them? Has there been an argument/falling out?

If the first then use this time to get to know them, go in with an open mind and a “yes” attitude for what they might have planned. A trip away can be a good opportunity to get closer and have silly/fun memories with them.

If it’s been an argument then this could be a time to bury the hatchet and smooth things over a bit.

If you just don’t get on with them- take a book and headphones and have a look at things that you can do on your own in order to have some time apart.

You also don’t mention how old you are which could change some of that slightly.
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
do you work? I always use that as an excuse, or you could say you’ve got school/uni work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.38%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.9%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.03%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
37.93%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (29)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.72%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.03%

Watched Threads