Im 17 hooking up with a guy who is 23, is this wrong?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am a 17 year old girl, and for the past few months i have been having casual sex with a 23 year old guy, is this wrong?
Although it is fully consensual, i am unsure if this relationship is appropriate, would love some opinions and advice from people outside of the situation
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am a 17 year old girl, and for the past few months i have been having casual sex with a 23 year old guy, is this wrong?
Although it is fully consensual, i am unsure if this relationship is appropriate, would love some opinions and advice from people outside of the situation
Not wrong but he probably sees you as fresh easy meat
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not wrong, might raise an eyebrow or two and worry a protective father.
Wiggly
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No respectful 23 year-old would be having sex with a 17 year-old.

I guarantee he keeps you a secret from everyone else he knows, because I'm around his age and would expect to be battered if that was me and anyone found out.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

at the end of the very long day, you’re both two consenting adults.
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I want to write but don't want to get reported/banned.

I'll come back once my black card expires.
Last edited by JAckieee.chan; 2 months ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not wrong- as long as nothing criminal is going on, everything is consensual and the two of you are happy together.

You have the freedom to choose to date older guys as a 17 year old and give your consent to entering into casual sex arrangements.
I've always dated much older guys and have a minimum 15 year age gap.
But always remember that being mature enough to consent to sex also means being able to cope with the consequences of saying yes to intimate sexual activity and all the risks inherent to fwb/hookups/all other casual sexual relationship arrangements.
Good luck!
Last edited by londonmyst; 2 months ago
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Not wrong- as long as nothing legal is going on, everything is consensual and the two of you are happy together.

You have the freedom to choose to date older guys as a 17 year old and give your consent to entering into casual sex arrangements.
I've always dated much older guys and have a minimum 15 year age gap.
But always remember that being mature enough to consent to sex also means being able to cope with the consequences of saying yes to intimate sexual activity and all the risks inherent to fwb/hookups/all other casual sexual relationship arrangements.
Good luck!
Do you mean nothing illegal??
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's not wrong, per se, but I'd be very careful. I feel like a 23-year-old who would want a casual relationship with a 17-year-old is much more likely to have a basically exploitative mindset towards it than if you were both the same age.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Legally, no it's not wrong.
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's a bit kind of inappropriate but then you are nearly eighteen so w/e also do you use contraception and do you feel like you entered into it without him manipulating you?
KylieIsBored
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not illegal but it's definitely wrong.

Why would a 23-year-old want to have sex with a 17-year-old rather than someone his own age? Because you're easy to manipulate and exploit.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Do you mean nothing illegal??
Yes.
I'm battling the sinister schemes of a temporary replacement laptop running linux that is continuously rewriting my text and closing programmes. :banghead:
Last edited by londonmyst; 1 month ago
bridalchain
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
uh i mean, no 23 year old would have sex with someone who isn’t 18+ yk..in my eyes it’s a tad wrong
Elize W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by KylieIsBored)
Not illegal but it's definitely wrong.

Why would a 23-year-old want to have sex with a 17-year-old rather than someone his own age? Because you're easy to manipulate and exploit.
Of course it is a possibility but why would we asume anybody here is manipulative or sth like that? Maybe she is attracted to him and girls his age arent or something like that? As far as the op post goes we have nothing against him being attracted to the op so why wouldnt he want to do it with the op? It makes complete sense to me even tho i would wait till both are 18+ .
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not wrong, just very weird
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
It’s actually inappropriate. First, you shouldn’t be having pre-marital sex, secondly, you’re under 18 and I bet he doesn’t tell people about you because he knows they’d think he’s taking advantage of you which he is. What grounds have you set for the relationship? Is it strictly friends with benefits or are you thinking long-term? Do you have feelings for each other? Sex is intimate and I advise you think carefully about who you’d want to share it with.
KylieIsBored
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Elize W)
Of course it is a possibility but why would we asume anybody here is manipulative or sth like that? Maybe she is attracted to him and girls his age arent or something like that? As far as the op post goes we have nothing against him being attracted to the op so why wouldnt he want to do it with the op? It makes complete sense to me even tho i would wait till both are 18+ .
Because she's probably a teenager in college, living with parents, no stable long-term income, can't go out and drink etc. What grown man is going to want to be attracted to that rather than a woman his own age?
Bumble18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Legally fine, but morally a bit weird. As a 22 year old, I cannot even understand what a 23 year old would see in a 17 year old 😬🤢 when I was 17, I would have had no issue with the age gap, but once you get a bit older you realise how young 17 actually is
Last edited by Bumble18; 1 month ago
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Yes.
I'm battling the sinister schemes of a temporary replacement laptop running linux that is continuous rewriting my text and closing programmes. :banghead:
youve got a sassy computer, tell that bich to meet you and fite her:mad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.81%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.08%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.31%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.05%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.77%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads