Angela-Glos
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi

I've just got my award letter for a DSA laptop with the standard spec, via Barry Bennett.

I'm not doing a media course or anything and I don't need a more powerful laptop - but I would like to get one that doesn't weigh as much!

I've looked at the upgrade options (http://dsastore.barrybennett.co.uk/i...notebooks.html) but unhelpfully it says the specs are generic - so I have to search though the manufacturer websites for each model to get their weight. What a pain!

Has anyone else already done this or got any recommendations for lightweight upgrade options? The standard model is 1.85kg which is 200g heavier than my current laptop - I was aiming to get one that is a bit lighter than my current laptop, certainly not heavier!

Grateful for any input!

Thanks

Angela
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Angela-Glos)
Hi

I've just got my award letter for a DSA laptop with the standard spec, via Barry Bennett.

I'm not doing a media course or anything and I don't need a more powerful laptop - but I would like to get one that doesn't weigh as much!

I've looked at the upgrade options (http://dsastore.barrybennett.co.uk/i...notebooks.html) but unhelpfully it says the specs are generic - so I have to search though the manufacturer websites for each model to get their weight. What a pain!

Has anyone else already done this or got any recommendations for lightweight upgrade options? The standard model is 1.85kg which is 200g heavier than my current laptop - I was aiming to get one that is a bit lighter than my current laptop, certainly not heavier!

Grateful for any input!

Thanks

Angela
I’m also having the same problem :five: and its been slightly irritating me especially since i like to research my purchases in depth especially expensive purchases like laptops - there doesn’t seem to be much choice and all the good ones seem to be massively expensive especially when compared to laptops at Currys which annoyingly have similar laptop specifications :sigh:
Do you have a budget in mind?
Last edited by Chronoscope; 1 month ago
Bossanovaeartg
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got off the phone with dsa. What is the standard model laptop
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bossanovaeartg)
Just got off the phone with dsa. What is the standard model laptop
Heya this is it below
http://dsastore.barrybennett.co.uk/wkh15-current.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
14.84%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.25%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.47%
I need help with my personal statement (48)
37.5%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
25.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.34%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.81%

Watched Threads