The Student Room Group

do I need my GCSE certificates? (2022 entry)

Same, well I never collected them cause of Covid.

do I need my GCSE certificates? (2022 entry)

Same, well I never collected them cause of Covid.
Reply 1
Are you sure you even received/collected them? They would have been available from around November. If you're not certain then check with the school where you took them to see if they still have them. If they aren't collected after a year then they are allowed to destroy them and getting replacements costs around £45 per certificate.

(You are unlikely to need them for a Uni application, but you may well need them for jobs in later life)
(edited 2 years ago)
No you don't need them to apply.
You list your achieved subjects/grades on your UCAS application - your school can provide you with a print out of all details needed.
Universities receive online data feeds direct from exam boards to check this so don't lie or exaggerate grades.

If you area n overseas applicant you might be required to provide your certificates when you enrol, but for UK applicants these are not needed.
I'd still suggest that you contact the exams office at your school to actually get your certificates - you do need to produce them at various stages in your life.
Not for the app, but the uni or an employer could request to see them later.

I’d get hold of them ASAP, because the longer you leave it, the more of a pain in the backside it will be.
you really ought to get them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending