do I need my GCSE certificates? (2022 entry)

Watch
a350fan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same, well I never collected them cause of Covid.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you sure you even received/collected them? They would have been available from around November. If you're not certain then check with the school where you took them to see if they still have them. If they aren't collected after a year then they are allowed to destroy them and getting replacements costs around £45 per certificate.

(You are unlikely to need them for a Uni application, but you may well need them for jobs in later life)
Last edited by Compost; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No you don't need them to apply.
You list your achieved subjects/grades on your UCAS application - your school can provide you with a print out of all details needed.
Universities receive online data feeds direct from exam boards to check this so don't lie or exaggerate grades.

If you area n overseas applicant you might be required to provide your certificates when you enrol, but for UK applicants these are not needed.
I'd still suggest that you contact the exams office at your school to actually get your certificates - you do need to produce them at various stages in your life.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not for the app, but the uni or an employer could request to see them later.

I’d get hold of them ASAP, because the longer you leave it, the more of a pain in the backside it will be.
HeroOfKvatch
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you really ought to get them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads