Xtn21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wondering if anyone thinks there is any chance of UCAS changing my firm choice at this point? The deadline for reply swaps was Friday 23rd July so am I too late? Has anyone any experience of late changes?
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All you can do is phone UCAS first thing on Monday and ask.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Xtn21)
I was wondering if anyone thinks there is any chance of UCAS changing my firm choice at this point? The deadline for reply swaps was Friday 23rd July so am I too late? Has anyone any experience of late changes?
Hia!

from experience, you can either contact UCAS or it might be more efficient to contact the university you wish to change to your firm choice as they can do a lot from their end.

Ben - UoP rep
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hia!

from experience, you can either contact UCAS or it might be more efficient to contact the university you wish to change to your firm choice as they can do a lot from their end.

Ben - UoP rep
The uni will only be able to change course, they can’t change an applicants Firm and Insurance replies.

Only UCAS can do this after 14 days of being made and, as above, the deadline for doing this was the 23rd.

100% agree with McGinger’s guidance. It’s worth calling to try, but they may not be able to help now.
Xtn21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
The uni will only be able to change course, they can’t change an applicants Firm and Insurance replies.

Only UCAS can do this after 14 days of being made and, as above, the deadline for doing this was the 23rd.

100% agree with McGinger’s guidance. It’s worth calling to try, but they may not be able to help
(Original post by McGinger)
All you can do is phone UCAS first thing on Monday and ask.
Thanks, will try that
Last edited by Admit-One; 1 month ago
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Xtn21)
Thanks, will try that
That’s all you can do at this stage. Just be aware it’s a bit of a long shot.

(NB. I edited your post above to fix a broken quote.)
Xtn21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
That’s all you can do at this stage. Just be aware it’s a bit of a long shot.

(NB. I edited your post above to fix a broken quote.)
Thanks for that.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If ucas can’t help then it’s worth contacting the university that you are interested in and asking if they would be willing to accept you through clearing after results day. They might be able to offer some reassurance that they’ll honour their previous offer in clearing
Kem531
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im pretty much in the same boat as you. But mine was automatically declined on Monday. However, I havent even received a choice from my other university yet even though I have completed the interview. The interviewer even said that I received an offer but none of it had been updated on UCAS. I will give UCAS a call but im panicking so much.
Kem531
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Xtn21)
Thanks for that.
How did it go for you??
Xtn21
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kem531)
How did it go for you??
Nothing UCAS could do, still thinking about phoning my insurance to see what they say, or I could just wait until adjustment
Xtn21
Rep:
?
Im pretty much in the same boat as you. But mine was automatically declined on Monday. However, I havent even received a choice from my other university yet even though I have completed the interview. The interviewer even said that I received an offer but none of it had been updated on UCAS. I will give UCAS a call but im panicking so much.
Good luck!
Xtn21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How did it go for you??
Got my place back through adjustment, so stressful!! How about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads