Jetwasher
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Anyone got any good A-level biology revision tips or websites because I am STRUGGLING out here. I got a D overall last year and i need an A 0-0. Any tips r helpful and appreciated
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hia!

sorry to hear that you're struggling, if it's any consolation biology Alevel is probably one of the hardest A levels out there.

I have 2 pieces of advice:
1) try and get the maths down. The maths in biology is hard but not impossible, and it usually makes up around 10% of the overall grade. If you get these right it's likely to boost your grade,

2) past papers!!!! Many questions are reused/reworded but have the same answers, including maths questions. So getting to grips with the regular questions that always come up and knowing the mark schemes will really boost your grade.
here's a good website for past biology papers and mark schemes for all the exam boards: https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...level-biology/

Hope this helps and good luck!

Ben - UoP rep

(Original post by Jetwasher)
Anyone got any good A-level biology revision tips or websites because I am STRUGGLING out here. I got a D overall last year and i need an A 0-0. Any tips r helpful and appreciated
kafei
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mostly just make flashcards from the textbook on quizlet? I find cgp one for a level aqa bio quite well condensed.
Past papers are good. You can try a subscription for save my exams for extra question papers too or choose free ones from physics and math tutor first (their subscription applies for quite a lot of courses but mainly sciences) I got mine around 3 months before my bigger exams. They helped a lot and videos too
Join some of snaprevises's live stream. On a topic , try to teach it to someone? like you can write down cues to help you recite info e.g. what is osmosis and recite it as osmosis is ... to help with active recall. Practice question gets you really good at exam skills so just make sure everytime you learn the content, have time to do questions and correct yourself? I also used notion which uses toggles to hide content with questions which helps with active recall too.
Videos on topic help me concentrate more but idk if that applies to you but there are plenty on youtube. Also, if you ate not used to like a routine or find it hard to follow tasks through, small to do list helped me. Go for little goals and gradually increase it to make it a habit-i use forest to help me keep track and notion to make the list.Gd luck
Last edited by kafei; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads