How often do you guys dream?

Watch
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Today one of my friends asked what I dreamt about last night, and I couldn't even remember the last time I had a dream.
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Everyone dreams every night. You not remembering doesn't mean you didn't have any.
NintenXP
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It can depend, there's times where you don't dream anything for months on end then randomly you can have a week where you get crazy dreams one after the other.
JAckieee.chan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Celtic Conjurer)
Everyone dreams every night. You not remembering doesn't mean you didn't have any.
Nope. I dont every night. thats the thing.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JAckieee.chan)
Nope. I dont every night. thats the thing.
You do, you just don't remember it. Every person dreams every night, it's scientific fact.
Craftcraig
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I dream of hot women, that's the dreams I remember
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Every night. I have such vivid dreams. Sometimes it feels like it's actually reality and this right now is the dream.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You do, you just don't remember it. Every person dreams every night, it's scientific fact.
False. Not every night.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
False. Not every night.
Incorrect. You do dream every night:

Name:  9F9A8521-91C0-4692-BC0A-A409130FE498.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  149.7 KB
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Incorrect. You do dream every night:

Name:  9F9A8521-91C0-4692-BC0A-A409130FE498.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  149.7 KB
False. Nothing from that image indicates that humans sleep every single night let alone dream every single night. Cite an actual source. My experience with insomnia and studies and research into insomnia seriously doubts your claim that humans sleep every single night.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
jenerous
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dream every single night, but only remember every so often. Sometimes days in a row, like I can recall 3-4 dreams from last week alone, and sometimes once in a few months.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
False. Nothing from that image indicates that humans sleep every single night let alone dream every single night. Cite an actual source. My experience with insomnia and studies and research into insomnia seriously doubts your claim that humans sleep every single night.
What are you on about? Seems like you’re trying to play a semantic game. Every time someone sleeps at night for the normal length of time they experience dreams, whether they remember or not.
Last edited by Son of the Sea; 1 month ago
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are you on about? Seems like you’re trying to play a semantic game. Every time someone sleeps at night for the normal length of time they experience dreams, whether they remember or not.
What are you on about? You said every person dreams every night - a scientific fact. This is wrong. Stop trying to pass false information as science. Now you are changing the goal posts and saying something else. Very disingenuous of you.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are you on about? You said every person dreams every night - a scientific fact. This is wrong. Stop trying to pass false information as science. Very disingenuous of you.
Again, playing a stupid semantic game. It’s clear to anyone what that’s saying without having to spell it out.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Again, playing a stupid semantic game. It’s clear to anyone what that’s saying without having to spell it out.
Again, changing the goal post. Obviously it wasn't clear then was it? Next time maybe don't pass false information as scientific fact then. :rolleyes:
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Syrupster)
It can depend, there's times where you don't dream anything for months on end then randomly you can have a week where you get crazy dreams one after the other.
This isn’t the case. Everyone dreams every night, you can’t go through a normal sleep cycle without dreaming. It’s just that you don’t remember them, the brain states while dreaming aren’t conducive for good memory retention.
Amin7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I rarely have dreams but when I do I get weird dreams such as falling from a rollercoaster or passing out in the ocean.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Again, changing the goal post. Obviously it wasn't clear then was it? Next time maybe don't pass false information as scientific fact then. :rolleyes:
It was clear to everyone that what he meant was, "when people sleep normally at night, they always have dreams". Contributing that was a useful and science-derived fact that everyone understood. Thanks for wasting our time.
Presslyyy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hardly, I wish I did though because they are hardly bad dreams apart from the time when this Gigantic thing was chasing me and eating people at our local shopping centre and when I jumped in front of my pregnant mum when a car was coming-
Little pecker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What if you decide to stay awake?

I also thought being sedated (like surgery or alcohol) stops this, but may just be rem sleep.
Last edited by Little pecker; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.28%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (15)
18.07%

Watched Threads