The Student Room Group

How often do you guys dream?

Today one of my friends asked what I dreamt about last night, and I couldn't even remember the last time I had a dream.

Scroll to see replies

Everyone dreams every night. You not remembering doesn't mean you didn't have any.
It can depend, there's times where you don't dream anything for months on end then randomly you can have a week where you get crazy dreams one after the other.
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Everyone dreams every night. You not remembering doesn't mean you didn't have any.

Nope. I dont every night. thats the thing.
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Nope. I dont every night. thats the thing.

You do, you just don't remember it. Every person dreams every night, it's scientific fact.
I dream of hot women, that's the dreams I remember
Incorrect. You do dream every night:

9F9A8521-91C0-4692-BC0A-A409130FE498.jpg
Dream every single night, but only remember every so often. Sometimes days in a row, like I can recall 3-4 dreams from last week alone, and sometimes once in a few months.
What are you on about? Seems like you’re trying to play a semantic game. Every time someone sleeps at night for the normal length of time they experience dreams, whether they remember or not.
(edited 2 years ago)
Again, playing a stupid semantic game. It’s clear to anyone what that’s saying without having to spell it out.
Original post by Syrupster
It can depend, there's times where you don't dream anything for months on end then randomly you can have a week where you get crazy dreams one after the other.

This isn’t the case. Everyone dreams every night, you can’t go through a normal sleep cycle without dreaming. It’s just that you don’t remember them, the brain states while dreaming aren’t conducive for good memory retention.
Reply 11
I rarely have dreams but when I do I get weird dreams such as falling from a rollercoaster or passing out in the ocean.
It was clear to everyone that what he meant was, "when people sleep normally at night, they always have dreams". Contributing that was a useful and science-derived fact that everyone understood. Thanks for wasting our time.
Hardly, I wish I did though because they are hardly bad dreams apart from the time when this Gigantic thing was chasing me and eating people at our local shopping centre and when I jumped in front of my pregnant mum when a car was coming-
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
You do, you just don't remember it. Every person dreams every night, it's scientific fact.

What if you decide to stay awake?

I also thought being sedated (like surgery or alcohol) stops this, but may just be rem sleep.
(edited 2 years ago)
I remember my dreams most of the time - at least 4-5 times a week. Sometimes I remember more than one dream a night. I find them fascinating to be honest; I often look them up to see what psychological meaning they might have.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It was clear to everyone that what he meant was, "when people sleep normally at night, they always have dreams". Contributing that was a useful and science-derived fact that everyone understood. Thanks for wasting our time.

Yeah, it was clear to everyone, including him. I’ve had a look through his posts and he likes to frequently troll people by engaging in Poe’s Law so that’s what he was doing. Quite ridiculous really.
Reply 17
Original post by JAckieee.chan
Today one of my friends asked what I dreamt about last night, and I couldn't even remember the last time I had a dream.

Normally the dreams i remember are horrific nightmares however when it comes to dreams i forget them within an hour of waking up
all the time incl. daydreaming
Reply 19
Only when I go to bed telling myself to remember do I remember my dreams. Majority of my dreams are nightmares so I rarely try to.

Quick Reply

Latest