Prismwjsa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im currently doing epq however i have had the thought of dropping out as it will be too much for me as im doing btec and core maths.. my predicted grades are suitable for my entry into university however if i dont get them grades im worried. What should i do? How important is epq will it be fine if i drop out?
Last edited by Prismwjsa; 1 month ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hia,

EPQ's are always a good safety net in case grades are just missed as sometimes universities will let you in with a good grade in it, some universities will even lower the grades but they will state this on their website usually.

If you're struggling with timing I recommend setting aside 4-5 hours a week for EPQ work as that's all that's required really. But the commitment to your other qualifications should take priority over your EPQ so if you think it will take away from these then don't worry too much unless your choices state that EPQ will benefit.

Hope this helps,

Ben - UoP rep

(Original post by Prismwjsa)
Im currently doing epq however i have had the thought of dropping out as it will be too much for me as im doing btec and core maths.. my predicted grades are suitable for my entry into university however if i dont get them grades im worried. What should i do? How important is epq will it be fine if i drop out?
buttercupdogs
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you feel it’ll be too much pressure, you can drop it. But honestly it’s worth doing, especially since some universities take more notice of students who have done an EPQ.

It might be better to do a topic you know you’re going to enjoy and can take easy, so when you have free time you can actually enjoy doing it instead of feeling like it’s another subject on top of your others! Whatever you decide, you should take priority over your other subjects no matter what. Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.74%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (12)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
10.96%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (28)
38.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
16.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise