buttercupdogs
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ive been thinking of studying at Uni of Reading for my undergrad and I just wanted to know what the university was like overall
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by buttercupdogs)
Ive been thinking of studying at Uni of Reading for my undergrad and I just wanted to know what the university was like overall
Hi buttercupdogs!

So great to hear you're thinking of studying at UoR! What course are you interested in?

I've just finished my first year at the university and I've really enjoyed it so far! From the moment I went to the open day, I was met with such a welcoming atmosphere from the staff and students, and it's actually one of the main reasons I chose Reading - from the moment I stepped onto the campus, I knew it was where I would be happiest! So basically, everyone is really approachable and welcoming which creates a lovely environment to live in.

The university has won the Green Award for numerous years now for its Whiteknights campus - it's absolutely beautiful with a great lake and gorgeous green spaces such as The Harris Gardens, making for a great walk and also picnic spaces with friends.
Everything you need is also on campus including shops, hairdressers etc, with the town about a 30 minute walk away for anything else you might need! You can find out more about the campus here.

In terms of university staff and facilities, the library has just been redone and is huge! I spent a lot of time there this year and found it really beneficial for my studies. Each subject has a specific library liaison too to help find specific resources which is a great help! There are also fully equipped labs for practical health courses, a museum, theatre and film studios, on-site clinics such as speech and language clinics and autism clinics, and much more. All of the staff are experts in their field and extremely eager to help all their students in any way - I've found everyone to be approachable and so supportive which was exactly what I was looking for in a university.
The university also has a great number of services to help you on your journey; for example: welfare, student support, financial support and security 24/7 on site.

I would definitely recommend having a look at our website: https://www.reading.ac.uk/ and have a look at our virtual experience: https://www.reading.ac.uk/virtual-experience/ for a better idea of the university.

If you have any specific questions about the uni, life at reading, or about your ideal course, please do let us know and we'll try our best to answer!

Skye
1st Speech and Language Therapy Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads