The Student Room Group

If you had £10 million, which charities would you donate the money to?

I am just wondering which charities you would donate a large sum of money to?

Scroll to see replies

Local co-ops and grassroots organisations that work directly with beneficiaries and service users. I would avoid charities especially the international ones.
Original post by Anonymous
I am just wondering which charities you would donate a large sum of money to?

None. I would buy the essentials people need and distribute it myself.
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
None. I would buy the essentials people need and distribute it myself.

Yh that would be a good idea.
Mostly grassroots charities supporting survivors of honour abuse, sexual offenders and violent crime.
BLM (not a charity), so that the leaders can donate it to political parties and perhaps purchase themselves a mansion... or two.
Great Ormand Street Hospital, they'd saved my life so it's the least I could do.
Mansions against racism!

Spoiler

Reply 8
Who says Im donating it??
Some names:

Samaritans, DAWN, CALM, Mind, Mental Health Foundation, Young Minds, World Jewish Relief, Women’s Aid, Wellbeing of Women, the Children’s Society, NSPCC, Movember, Prostate Cancer UK, Shelter, Centrepoint, Trussell Trust, WellChild, Cancer Research UK.
Original post by Foxehh
Who says Im donating it??

I'd start my own charity.

lol
Original post by glassalice
BLM (not a charity), so that the leaders can donate it to political parties and perhaps purchase themselves a mansion... or two.

The last time I took any interest in this... BLM do not even pay any accountants to manage their money for them. So, nobody knows what it gets spent on, or necessarily even where it comes from.

Edit: I see you were joking now. I should have known better I suppose. lol
(edited 2 years ago)
Cancer research.
Local animal groups/charities
Local rainbow/brownie/guide groups
I will donate it to myself
Probably medical research or animal welfare related.
I'd start a charity that audited and exposed other charities, and then appropriated some of their assets in the confusion.
Reply 16
Original post by glassalice

BLM is a concept and social movement whose only cohesion comes from social media search engines. Where exactly would you send the money?
Original post by VannR
BLM is a concept and social movement whose only cohesion comes from social media search engines. Where exactly would you send the money?

Oh don't be so obtuse, https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ms_blm_homepage_2019
...BLM The organisation

Quick Reply

Latest