Nickname ideas?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Okay this might seem silly, but there is this dude who I've been flirting with and kind of into for more than 2 years now, on and off. We got super close again lately, and he's not the cheesy type of person, but lately he's been hinting at things like the possibility of us dating if he had stuck around and not changed schools. He called me baby last night, which is so unlike him because he isnt a cheesy person from what I know about him and his previous relationships, but he's been talking deep sweet stuff lately.

Point is, I need help with coming up with a nickname for him, but nothing like baby, honey, sweetheart and stuff. But still something remotely romantic or cute. Still kinda trying to figure things out but I'd love your suggestions please!
Anonbro1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Search in a different language?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonbro1)
Search in a different language?
Could you give me examples of what you mean please?
Anonbro1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Could you give me examples of what you mean please?
Some Arabic words

Pick something that you can easily pronounce.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I think the best nicknames come naturally, born out of a shared memorable experience and is unique to someones personality.

Try not to force it, and let it come naturally.
Anonymous #1
I think the best nicknames come naturally, born out of a shared memorable experience and is unique to someones personality.

Try not to force it, and let it come naturally.
But I'm bad at coming up with nicknames in general. And I think I used up every single cheesy one with my previous relationship (we were really committed lol, and he loved calling me pretty much everything sweet). Would knowing the guys name help in you guys helping me come up with one?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonbro1)
Some Arabic words

Pick something that you can easily pronounce.
Oh okay I get what you mean. These sound too cheesy for him, he'd freak out if I started calling him my heart. Thanks for the suggestions though
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
But I'm bad at coming up with nicknames in general. And I think I used up every single cheesy one with my previous relationship (we were really committed lol, and he loved calling me pretty much everything sweet). Would knowing the guys name help in you guys helping me come up with one?
But you weren't using a nickname, they were terms of endearment!

As already said, a nickname is kind of personal and unique to someone, and it doesn't change. It's to do with their name or a hobby or something silly or memorable that's particular to them. We don't know him, so we can't suggest anything!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
But you weren't using a nickname, they were terms of endearment!

As already said, a nickname is kind of personal and unique to someone, and it doesn't change. It's to do with their name or a hobby or something silly or memorable that's particular to them. We don't know him, so we can't suggest anything!
Oh okay I think I get what you mean. But I'd still appreciate any general suggestions anyones got.
His name is Kevin and I'd used to just go with Kev or Keenu.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads