The Student Room Group

Looking for a relationship

Hey, I've recently decided I'm ready to look for a boyfriend and was wondering what the likelihood of finding the 'perfect guy' is?

Preferably ginger or brunette with blue or brown eyes. No preference on complexion. Any height taller than me which isn't hard as I'm only 5,2ft 🤣. Caring, funny, interesting, and wants to put effort into the relationship.

Also preferably has some common interests like Marvel, travel, listening to music (like Ed Sheeran), or a love for Elephants. 🐘 🌎 🎶 🦸*♂️

Scroll to see replies

Nobody's perfect. But so long as your perfect guy is someone with a few imperfections, yes you can and probably will find your perfect guy - especially if you take the right courses of action. Make your own luck and all that.

With experience you will discover that shared interest in Ed Sheeren and elephants are unimportant when it comes to having a successful long term relationship. Because there's the very easy work around of you pursuing your hobbies and interest, whilst he spends time on his.

If you're a teenager, you can expect to date only immature guys. Men get a lot better with age and experience. Or at least the high calibre ones do. The cream rises to the top over time whilst the sediment settles at the bottom.

This is one of those areas where taking action is better than thinking about things. So go ahead and put a plan of action into place. You might - for example - want to embark on a programme of self improvement and learning about social skills, whilst at the same time expanding your social circle and doing what you can to meet and talk with as many high quality guys as you can.
(edited 2 years ago)
I think you'll find someone here through threads that are of your interest.
Reply 3
I think it's very likely if you are going uni or going to travel, then you will have lots of chances to meet that special person.
I've been on bumble recently and I've seen about 4 billion bios of guys saying marvel, Harry potter or anime so Ur good
Very likely. You'll find someone. You sound like a nice person.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by TravellingEnby
Hey, I've recently decided I'm ready to look for a boyfriend and was wondering what the likelihood of finding the 'perfect guy' is?

Preferably ginger or brunette with blue or brown eyes. No preference on complexion. Any height taller than me which isn't hard as I'm only 5,2ft 🤣. Caring, funny, interesting, and wants to put effort into the relationship.

Also preferably has some common interests like Marvel, travel, listening to music (like Ed Sheeran), or a love for Elephants. 🐘 🌎 🎶 🦸*♂️

The likelihood of finding the perfect guy is the same the likelihood of you getting married to George Clooney then divorce him and get together with Brad Pitt.
Original post by Lucifer323
The likelihood of finding the perfect guy is the same the likelihood of you getting married to George Clooney then divorce him and get together with Brad Pitt.

Am I the only person who doesn't find either of then attractive haha. But I get your point, 😊.
Am I the only person who doesn't find either of then attractive haha. But I get your point, 😊.

Don't you like George Clooney? Or Brad Pitt?
Who do you like from all these celebrities?
Don't you like George Clooney? Or Brad Pitt?
Who do you like from all these celebrities?

The only celebrities I ever had a crush on were Sebastian Stan and Tom Hiddleston.

May I know what does this means?

her idea of a perfect guy is a ginger/light brown hair guy with blue eyes who likes marvel and who she gets on with....errr that's a very likely scenario to me. No need to nitpick coz she used the word perfect, it just means the same as special or someone to have a relationship with...jeez.
Original post by aliciana
her idea of a perfect guy is a ginger/light brown hair guy with blue eyes who likes marvel and who she gets on with....errr that's a very likely scenario to me. No need to nitpick coz she used the word perfect, it just means the same as special or someone to have a relationship with...jeez.

In a few words it's more of a fantasy.
It's much more likely that she gets together with George Clooney and Brad Pitt after all...
Original post by JAckieee.chan
May I know what does this means?

Which part?
Which part?

the bold part.
Your odds are very good. :smile:
Those are all reasonable dealbreakers and preferences.
Plenty of potentially compatible single fish in the dating sea.

But do remember that nobody is perfect.
Some compromise and flexibility is always required to avoid narrowing the potential dating pool to a very large extent by only aiming for an ideal compatible partner with zero disadvantages or flaws.
Good luck!
Am I the only person who doesn't find either of then attractive haha.

No, you're not alone in that.
I don't consider either of them good looking or sexually attractive.
I only know two females who do, one of whom is 13.
your criteria isn't too strict so yeah you're probably quite likely to find your ideal boyfriend
the "no preference on complexion" part is a bit funny though 😂😂 what are the chances that you'll meet a black guy with ginger hair and blue eyes
Dunno. People always have preferences but then change their preferences when someone else is in question.

Then it just keeps changing and changing. Until you accept that you’ll just appreciate whoever you find attractive.
In a few words it's more of a fantasy.
It's much more likely that she gets together with George Clooney and Brad Pitt after all...

so let me guess your love life has been disappointing and hurtful and now you want to spread that negativity to others?

Quick Reply