PPL at Oxford University

Watch this thread
janinaparry
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi, I would like to study either Experimental psychology or PPL at Oxford. I want to become a clinical psychologist, so always thought straight psychology is better, but I absolutely love Philosophy so PPL would be perfect for me. Would doing PPL be a disadvantage to me when I apply for a clinical doctorate? Anyone who can help me decide, much appreciated
eeeli
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Hey, I’m doing Experimental Psychology and might be able to help! The important thing when applying for clinical postgrad psychology stuff is that your degree is accredited by the BPS (conferring eligibility
for Graduate Basis of Chartered Membership of the BPS to be specific). PPL degrees (obviously only ones where Psychology was taken) can be accredited if you take the right ratio of papers in second year to cover the content required for accreditation - you’ll be doing a majority of Psychology papers and only a couple of Philosophy papers to achieve this. But as long as you have that accreditation and get the degree result required for a clinical doctorate, to my knowledge and based on what my course tutors have said it should not affect your applications for clinical postgrad psychology. If you want any more advice on EP/PPL let me know, just send me a PM on here!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (36)
26.47%
As I expected (45)
33.09%
Harder (48)
35.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.15%

Watched Threads