asianchimp777
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I will be starting my bachelors course (BESS) at Bocconi University in September as a non-EU first year international student. I will also be applying to spring weeks at banks in London.

-Is being a non-EU student a huge setback when it comes to applying for spring weeks in London?

-I am pursuing a 3 month internship in the finance department of a diversified firm but most revenue comes from IT, and it is a top 100 company in one of UAE/KSA/Qatar. I have read that it is best to apply as soon as possible for spring week internships. Should I wait to join student organizations pertaining to finance at Bocconi and wait till like mid-late September to apply or should I apply as soon as banks start opening applications?

-Should I include an environment related club in my school which is completely unrelated to finance but involves raising a large amount of money by pitching to the board of directors at my school district in my CV?

-Is anyone who is currently in the industry willing to read over my CV and point out potential things that may get me dinged?

-Apart from the internship I am pursuing, is there anything else I should be doing in my summer break to maximize my chances of getting a spring week?

-Are there any free materials to study for aptitude tests? Sort of like jobtestprep but free.

Thank you so much!
leviticus.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by asianchimp777)
Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I will be starting my bachelors course (BESS) at Bocconi University in September as a non-EU first year international student. I will also be applying to spring weeks at banks in London.

-Is being a non-EU student a huge setback when it comes to applying for spring weeks in London?

-I am pursuing a 3 month internship in the finance department of a diversified firm but most revenue comes from IT, and it is a top 100 company in one of UAE/KSA/Qatar. I have read that it is best to apply as soon as possible for spring week internships. Should I wait to join student organizations pertaining to finance at Bocconi and wait till like mid-late September to apply or should I apply as soon as banks start opening applications?

-Should I include an environment related club in my school which is completely unrelated to finance but involves raising a large amount of money by pitching to the board of directors at my school district in my CV?

-Is anyone who is currently in the industry willing to read over my CV and point out potential things that may get me dinged?

-Apart from the internship I am pursuing, is there anything else I should be doing in my summer break to maximize my chances of getting a spring week?

-Are there any free materials to study for aptitude tests? Sort of like jobtestprep but free.

Thank you so much!
Don't think there are any for free, normally people split the cost of JTP. To be honest, I personally don't think many find putting societies on their CV that useful for springs since you likely won't have any leadership positions when you need to apply; spring week recruiting is also very random so your internship might help you stand out or might just be something that's glossed over. Just gotta roll with the punches I suppose and I have read that a lot of non-EU students struggle to secure spring weeks in London, even from top schools but idk if its actually systemic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (68)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads