how much does an economist with an MBA from a top university earn annually?

Watch
starmoney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
LSE/UCL/Oxford etc
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends what they do.

Some MBAs are like exec training programs where companies send future upper level management.
Probably low 6figs.

The MBAs where people use as a catalyst for career change, generally I think people aim to break into finance or consulting etc. From Said, Judge, LBS I think most probably end up making 6 figures but this is a guess. Google will probably tell you.
starmoney
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
Depends what they do.

Some MBAs are like exec training programs where companies send future upper level management.
Probably low 6figs.

The MBAs where people use as a catalyst for career change, generally I think people aim to break into finance or consulting etc. From Said, Judge, LBS I think most probably end up making 6 figures but this is a guess. Google will probably tell you.
oh ok thanks
leviticus.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends, Judge Business School isn't as reputed as the undergraduate school of the University of Cambridge, and whilst MBAs from other top UK institutions can help change careers, they're not exactly the go-to for finance/consulting careers in the UK. Typically MFin from Oxford, LSE, LBS are the top tiers for people wanting to break into investment banking/consulting with MiMs at ICL and UCL also placing in MBB decently so. MBA recruiting is generally more prevalent in the US for finance. I'm also unsure what an economist is in this context.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends where they are working, whether their academic institutions are viewed as mid level or top tier, their career experience, weekly hours and other job perks.
Pay levels for junior economists employed within the public sector are very likely to be substantially lower than for more experienced economists employed in senior positions within the private sector.
The highest pay is likely to be offered by investment banks, hedge funds and boutique finance/management connected consultancies.
arenatwo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The top UK MBAs per the FT are:

1. LBS (average salary: $177k)
2. Cambridge Judge ($168)
3. Oxford Said ($152k)

https://rankings.ft.com/rankings/285...a-ranking-2021
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed