zaza66yosup
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For this question, do you only write from one side of the argument or both sides? I feel like writing from both sides may detract from your point of view.
i'mconcuzled
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can do anything you want because the questions asks about your view. So you can write I agree, I disagree, or I partially agree and then support both sides.
bkjknkjkbj
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zaza66yosup)
For this question, do you only write from one side of the argument or both sides? I feel like writing from both sides may detract from your point of view.
I have just finished my GCSEs and I was consistently receiving grade 9s. My opinion is that it is difficult to convey a well-thought out argument if you only write points that support your own argument. Of course this is necessary to advance but to supplement this, it is vital to also provide counterpoints to rebuttal the view of the opposition. If you would like me too I could send you a few of my essays to show how this can be applied to an actual exam question.
zaza66yosup
Rep:
?
(Original post by bkjknkjkbj)
I have just finished my GCSEs and I was consistently receiving grade 9s. My opinion is that it is difficult to convey a well-thought out argument if you only write points that support your own argument. Of course this is necessary to advance but to supplement this, it is vital to also provide counterpoints to rebuttal the view of the opposition. If you would like me too I could send you a few of my essays to show how this can be applied to an actual exam question.
Yes please! Thank you!
foreverrocking
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yh ,I agree.For the counterpoints, you could say how some people may have a certain point, but you could explain why this viewpoint is wrong to make your argument stronger
bkjknkjkbj
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes please! Thank you!
Of course, I have attached a grade 9 example below that I wrote. My teacher scored it 37/40 so hopefully it should help you! The debate statement was "Should the police force be given guns on duty?"
Last edited by bkjknkjkbj; 1 month ago
zaza66yosup
Rep:
?
Of course, I have attached a grade 9 example below that I wrote. My teacher scored it 37/40 so hopefully it should help you! The debate statement was "Should the police force be given guns on duty?"
Wow! It looks so simple but so effective! I feel like I was trying to over-complicate the situation. You are a legend! Thank you!
bkjknkjkbj
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow! It looks so simple but so effective! I feel like I was trying to over-complicate the situation. You are a legend! Thank you!
Hey no problem, I'm glad it helped! If you need any help in any of your subjects feel free to ask and hopefully I should be able to assist you.
zaza66yosup
Rep:
?
Hey no problem, I'm glad it helped! If you need any help in any of your subjects feel free to ask and hopefully I should be able to assist you.
Hey, did you happen to take Geography by any chance?
zaza66yosup
Rep:
?
I hope it is no trouble, but are you able to give me feedback for my work as well? You seem quite reliable
bkjknkjkbj
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I did! I can't lie I didn't love it but I feel like I understood the content quite well
bkjknkjkbj
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hope it is no trouble, but are you able to give me feedback for my work as well? You seem quite reliable
Yh ofc, the way I see it is I can't change my grades now but I can try my best to help you yr 11s to get the best grades possible
Last edited by bkjknkjkbj; 1 month ago
zaza66yosup
Rep:
?
Yh ofc, the way I see it is I can't change my grades now but I can try my best to help you yr 11s to get the best grades possible
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads