The Student Room Group

Fungal acne

How can fungal acne be treated?
Original post by Rosyrose123
How can fungal acne be treated?

Hi
You can goto your local chemist and speak to the pharmacist about this and will give you something for it or you can call your GP.
I explained few things on it for you ok.

I'm a registered NHS adult nurse.

How is fungal acne treated....
Shower more regularly. If you regularly work out or have a job that causes you to sweat, try showering and changing clothes right after the gym or work. ...
Wear looser clothes. ...
Try a body wash. ...
Use over-the-counter (OTC) antifungal treatments. ...
Try prescription oral antifungal medicine.
*****†************

What products are good for fungal acne.....
How to get rid of fungal acne
Ketoconazole lotion 2% daily.
Econazole nitrate cream 1% daily.
Clotrimazole cream 1% daily.
Selenium sulfide 1% dandruff shampoo used both as shampoo and body wash (e.g., Selsun blue)

What triggers fungal acne......

Fungal acne is spots caused by Malassezia (formerly known as Pityrosporum). Malassezia are yeasts that are naturally found on everyone's skin. Malassezia yeasts can grow in hair follicles, and cause inflammation of hair follicles. This causes spots to develop and this is referred to as fungal acne.

How long does it take fungal acne to go away.........
Malassezia folliculitis can take several weeks to months to improve, so be patient. Because Malassezia is normally present on our skin, Dr. Kim says long-term use of the formulas once or twice weekly might be necessary to stop it from coming back.

Original post by Allyson2020
Hi
You can goto your local chemist and speak to the pharmacist about this and will give you something for it or you can call your GP.
I explained few things on it for you ok.

I'm a registered NHS adult nurse.

How is fungal acne treated....
Shower more regularly. If you regularly work out or have a job that causes you to sweat, try showering and changing clothes right after the gym or work. ...
Wear looser clothes. ...
Try a body wash. ...
Use over-the-counter (OTC) antifungal treatments. ...
Try prescription oral antifungal medicine.
*****†************

What products are good for fungal acne.....
How to get rid of fungal acne
Ketoconazole lotion 2% daily.
Econazole nitrate cream 1% daily.
Clotrimazole cream 1% daily.
Selenium sulfide 1% dandruff shampoo used both as shampoo and body wash (e.g., Selsun blue)

What triggers fungal acne......

Fungal acne is spots caused by Malassezia (formerly known as Pityrosporum). Malassezia are yeasts that are naturally found on everyone's skin. Malassezia yeasts can grow in hair follicles, and cause inflammation of hair follicles. This causes spots to develop and this is referred to as fungal acne.

How long does it take fungal acne to go away.........
Malassezia folliculitis can take several weeks to months to improve, so be patient. Because Malassezia is normally present on our skin, Dr. Kim says long-term use of the formulas once or twice weekly might be necessary to stop it from coming back.

Hello , I honestly can't thank you enough for this beneficial explanation and advice :smile:

Thank you so much ,
stay safe
Original post by Rosyrose123
Hello , I honestly can't thank you enough for this beneficial explanation and advice :smile:

Thank you so much ,
stay safe

Rosy
You are most welcome for the explanation on this from me as I would hope that someone else would have done samething for myself if I asked this x 😃

You stay safe to x

Quick Reply