Does my dad's ill health pension count as income for sf

Watch
Jenimmi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi my dad has just had to retire on ill health and he and my Mum have had a big drop in income along with lots of stress. I was trying to work out if I needed to do and in year finance form his income will drop more than 60% and the families about 40%. He will get a lump sum though. They need that to survive untill they get his state pension in 15 years though. Does anybody know if this needs to be declared as its not taxable. I am worried I can't now afford to go as they won't have the money to support me. I was just over the 70k so got minimum loan.
katie.weston
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My dad receives pension and didn't have to send any documents, as it is a taxable income I think they said
fbacc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jenimmi)
Hi my dad has just had to retire on ill health and he and my Mum have had a big drop in income along with lots of stress. I was trying to work out if I needed to do and in year finance form his income will drop more than 60% and the families about 40%. He will get a lump sum though. They need that to survive untill they get his state pension in 15 years though. Does anybody know if this needs to be declared as its not taxable. I am worried I can't now afford to go as they won't have the money to support me. I was just over the 70k so got minimum loan.
If the income is truly not taken into account when calculating tax such as a Pension Commencement Lump Sum (the 25% tax free element), it should not be included. If you check the latest PFF2 forms for this year it specifically says not to include this. Although the SFE advisors on this forum seem to be advising incorrectly on this matter.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (360)
84.11%
No (68)
15.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed