The Student Room Group

reading list for IR / history / politics?

I'm looking to apply to one of the above courses at uni and I would like some form of "super curriculars" to help with my personal statement, so I wanted to ask if anyone has a reading list for any of these subjects? Or just any resources (documentaries, podcasts etc) that would be helpful in learning more! I want to get an idea of which areas of politics and history that I find interesting.
Reply 1
Original post by franklyfruity
I'm looking to apply to one of the above courses at uni and I would like some form of "super curriculars" to help with my personal statement, so I wanted to ask if anyone has a reading list for any of these subjects? Or just any resources (documentaries, podcasts etc) that would be helpful in learning more! I want to get an idea of which areas of politics and history that I find interesting.

I would suggest finding a period in history that you really enjoy and then reading around that subject, this would show a self-interest in the course that you would be able to easily convey if needed

Republic by Plato is good, very influential and moderately easy to read. This could go towards political reading.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending