Ydydt
Last edited by bdhdurjdj; 3 weeks ago
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bdhdurjdj)
So we did our mocks and I ended up with an A in english lit A in history and a D in economics. I want to do Law at Uni. these results will be used to make ucas predictions, and we still have a couple in class examinations before they make the decisions in September. I spoke to my teacher and she said going from a D to an A in September is not really possible. I’ve literally been so upset over this D, I’ve been doing okay in economics but I never expected a D. These exams were so important too. I did work hard and I did revise and I still got a D. I have no motivation to study for it anymore because it’s literally useless if I still got a D, after all that studying. I’ve literally never done this bad on an exam, ever. I was planning on applying to Cambridge but there’s no way I can apply now, because between the application date and the sept exams, there’s only 10 days for me to raise my grade, which is impossible. I really want to go to a top university, but if my predicted ends up being so low, I have no idea what to do. Please can someone advise me on what to do, I’ve literally not enjoyed a day of my summer stressing out about all of this. I know it’s not useful to feel sorry for myself but I literally can’t help it .
As you say, hopefully you can do better in the exams you do in September so you can boost your grade a little bit. Is this D normal for you or are your grades usually higher? That should be something they should take into account too.

But I do have to agree with the teacher here - going from a D at the end of year 12 to achieve an A by the end of year 13 is quite difficult but not necessarily impossible if you put the work in. Try to keep positive - don't worry too much!
bdhdurjdj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by thegalaxy)
As you say, hopefully you can do better in the exams you do in September so you can boost your grade a little bit. Is this D normal for you or are your grades usually higher? That should be something they should take into account too.

But I do have to agree with the teacher here - going from a D at the end of year 12 to achieve an A by the end of year 13 is quite difficult but not necessarily impossible if you put the work in. Try to keep positive - don't worry too much!
Never a D. That’s why I’m so upset, because I didn’t expect that from myself. And it’s kinda hard to put in work because I put so much work in for mocks yet I ended up with a D. But thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads