Train Tickets?

Watch
zazzy.r
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I have a small enquiry and I'd like some reassurance, but don't know who to ask. I have a ticket from St. Pancras to Sheffield in a week's time, leaving at 9:02. Makes sense. It's listed on my ticket, seat number and all. However the top part of my ticket (ie the bit that says "from _____ to Sheffield" is for a much longer journey, which is what I asked for. Still makes sense, I've bought tickets to get to Sheffield via St. Pancras, from my hometown, and so logic follows that that should be valid. BUT. On trainline.com, where I booked the tickets, it suggests that I take the 7:22 from _____ to Paddington. I need to get to Paddington, in order to get to St P via the tube, yes. But the 7:22 train to get there categorically does not exist. I assume that's what time the train left the original station (ie, from Reading to Paddington), but would it be valid for me to take the 7:11 or 7:41 from my station to Paddington, or will the gates at Paddington not let me? I've been burned before by them and I'm worried, because I really need to catch the 9:02 and can't be held up.

Anyway, I'm sorry if that made no sense, but I hope it did. Thanks : )
bmgets
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So where is your starting station? Normally, if it says catch the 7:22 from "HERE", that's exactly what it means. But it's hard to check for you if I don't know your starting point.

You don't have to worry about the gates at Paddington. They'll defiinitely let you through. As long as you have a ticket on you.
zazzy.r
Rep:
?
(Original post by bmgets)
So where is your starting station? Normally, if it says catch the 7:22 from "HERE", that's exactly what it means. But it's hard to check for you if I don't know your starting point.

You don't have to worry about the gates at Paddington. They'll defiinitely let you through. As long as you have a ticket on you.
It's not a big station and I'd worry about exposing my location aha but there categorically is not a train that goes through there at 7:22. Again, I'm assuming it's referring to a train that might pass through there at 7:41, but if it's that loose is it so bad to take the 7:11 anyway? My starting station doesn't have gates so I'm not worried about it from that standpoint, and the ticket itself only has a time for the train from St Pancras to Sheffield, if that helps.

And maybe, but I once accidentally took a direct train to Paddington instead of the slow one that goes through my local station, and it took a lot of persuading and a few tears to get me through. And, again, I really don't want the hold up, especially because I'd be travelling through rush hour.
zazzy.r
Rep:
?
(Original post by zazzy.r)
It's not a big station and I'd worry about exposing my location aha but there categorically is not a train that goes through there at 7:22. Again, I'm assuming it's referring to a train that might pass through there at 7:41, but if it's that loose is it so bad to take the 7:11 anyway? My starting station doesn't have gates so I'm not worried about it from that standpoint, and the ticket itself only has a time for the train from St Pancras to Sheffield, if that helps.

And maybe, but I once accidentally took a direct train to Paddington instead of the slow one that goes through my local station, and it took a lot of persuading and a few tears to get me through. And, again, I really don't want the hold up, especially because I'd be travelling through rush hour.
I think there is a 7:22, but I do think the extra time if I left at eleven past would be a good idea. I'm just curious now, really, especially because I'm not fully sure that the train exists.
bmgets
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does your small station use a digital signboard to inform you of the next train?

If yes, then arrive at the station at 7:00 and check where the next train is are going.

If you have free time this week, you can always drop by the train station and investigate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads