Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know human minds are programmed to think negatively, but how is one supposed to live a happy life with such mind?

I wish I can explain what bothers me but its hard when the stuff that you are meant to let go (is part of social norm but not yours) is muddled with the stuff that isn't.

I am driving myself to the ground. Last month, I lived trash, playing video games 24/7 and sleeping. I even quit gym ( i enjoyed going to gym the most). My apartment was dirty. I only cleaned up when it is time to go back to my parents house.

I'm too 'tired' to fix up, my energy is drained. What I'm essentially asking is how do I love myself enough to not let my mind feel negative about myself?

Few people like me, but I regret not falling for one person that liked me. Other had bad personality and one was even shy to tell me (and i didn't know until after a while > ). I have a tendency to leave when I feel they don't like talking to me, but it served me wrong one time. And sometimes, I feel like I leave too early, but I also don't want to fall for the wrong people and drive myself crazy, again.

On top of that, I experienced a little bit bullying, which lowered my self esteem (went from annoying to silent).

I am just growing tired of people and these 'talking stages'. The 'talking stage' is just boring to me. I just wanna retire to my own comfort zone and live alone. But my mind also craves being loved

I also live in a strict household, but I think I need to let that go cos its social norm, well a little. And they are loosening up the strictness, but my energy is drained so much that it doesn't make a difference to me.

I feel like my pessimistic mind has been so pessimistic that its just boring to hang out with me - there is like a negative vibe around me. Even though I realise that, I don't have the energy to fix this.

I imagine my future being bleak... doing drugs, drinking alcohol, passing out and not caring about anyone/anything... which is sad for my family because they didn't raise a son, just so he can live in sadness.
username5809044
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know human minds are programmed to think negatively, but how is one supposed to live a happy life with such mind?

I wish I can explain what bothers me but its hard when the stuff that you are meant to let go (is part of social norm but not yours) is muddled with the stuff that isn't.

I am driving myself to the ground. Last month, I lived trash, playing video games 24/7 and sleeping. I even quit gym ( i enjoyed going to gym the most). My apartment was dirty. I only cleaned up when it is time to go back to my parents house.

I'm too 'tired' to fix up, my energy is drained. What I'm essentially asking is how do I love myself enough to not let my mind feel negative about myself?

Few people like me, but I regret not falling for one person that liked me. Other had bad personality and one was even shy to tell me (and i didn't know until after a while > ). I have a tendency to leave when I feel they don't like talking to me, but it served me wrong one time. And sometimes, I feel like I leave too early, but I also don't want to fall for the wrong people and drive myself crazy, again.

On top of that, I experienced a little bit bullying, which lowered my self esteem (went from annoying to silent).

I am just growing tired of people and these 'talking stages'. The 'talking stage' is just boring to me. I just wanna retire to my own comfort zone and live alone. But my mind also craves being loved

I also live in a strict household, but I think I need to let that go cos its social norm, well a little. And they are loosening up the strictness, but my energy is drained so much that it doesn't make a difference to me.

I feel like my pessimistic mind has been so pessimistic that its just boring to hang out with me - there is like a negative vibe around me. Even though I realise that, I don't have the energy to fix this.

I imagine my future being bleak... doing drugs, drinking alcohol, passing out and not caring about anyone/anything... which is sad for my family because they didn't raise a son, just so he can live in sadness.
TLDR,but all i can say is ur mind doesnt always think negative but ure reaction determine such behavior ,,,,, so if u wanna control ur negativity ,act in the opposite way of ur thinking
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That's easy. Accept that thoughts are inherently neutral until you give them meaning I.E. the power to influence you, observe negative feelings as they come and go, and don't identify with them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads