?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Last edited by thewingedlynx; 1 month ago
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A-Levels will be worse than GCSE's, you'll have to spend around 1.5x to 2x on revision, and you're likely to be more lonely.

Cramming is ok towards the exams, but not way before. An hour a day should be fine, with a suitable plan. That'll increase to 1.5 hours or 2 hours in A-Levels. Don't do too much work at once, space it out, it helps retain sanity.

Remember this, don't dwell on the past. It's good to feel a sense of guilt, it improves on our future behaviours, but make sure to push it away as well, once you've learnt from your mistakes.

Friendships come and go, they will come, and that's where your focus should be.

As for the grades, they won't mean a whole lot after High School so try not to think about them too much. Ignore what other people got, they will little effect on your grades later in education.

Seriously, once you're in Year 12, you should speak to a department that would help with your mental health problems. I did this and I'm feeling better. Just one-to-one, informal conversations in my case.
thewingedlynx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
A-Levels will be worse than GCSE's, you'll have to spend around 1.5x to 2x on revision, and you're likely to be more lonely.

Cramming is ok towards the exams, but not way before. An hour a day should be fine, with a suitable plan. That'll increase to 1.5 hours or 2 hours in A-Levels. Don't do too much work at once, space it out, it helps retain sanity.

Remember this, don't dwell on the past. It's good to feel a sense of guilt, it improves on our future behaviours, but make sure to push it away as well, once you've learnt from your mistakes.

Friendships come and go, they will come, and that's where your focus should be.

As for the grades, they won't mean a whole lot after High School so try not to think about them too much. Ignore what other people got, they will little effect on your grades later in education.

Seriously, once you're in Year 12, you should speak to a department that would help with your mental health problems. I did this and I'm feeling better. Just one-to-one, informal conversations in my case.
Thank you very much for your advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (9)
6.16%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (24)
16.44%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
17.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.38%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (41)
28.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.81%

Watched Threads